NEWS: Selfridges triggers search for agency after Saatchis split
By EMMA HALL, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 29 March 1996 12:00AM
Selfridges is in the throes of seeking a new agency, following the appointment of its incumbent shop, Saatchi and Saatchi, to work on the pounds 4.5 million Bhs account last week.
Selfridges is in the throes of seeking a new agency, following the
appointment of its incumbent shop, Saatchi and Saatchi, to work on the
pounds 4.5 million Bhs account last week.
Bartle Bogle Hegarty looks like the front runner for the pounds 1
million-plus Sears-owned business, and is now working for the client on
a project basis.
Jennifer Laing, the chairman of Saatchis, said: ‘I recognise that there
is potential for future conflict.’
Selfridges is currently finalising plans to expand its operation outside
of London, which could result in Bhs and Selfridges opening up in the
same shopping malls and high streets across the country.
Steve Kershaw, a management representative of BBH, confirmed: ‘We have#
been in discussions with top Sears management and are now concluding a
two-month project for Selfridges.’
The store recently appointed a new managing director, Vittorio Radice,
who was also a client of Saatchis in his previous job as managing
director of Habitat.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Senior Account Manager - Excellent BTL London Agency - £37k + benefits! Fill Recruitment Ltd Up to £37k, London
- Account Director - B2B technology Marketing Stonor £50,000 plus pension, H/C and 25 days holiday, West London/Bucks
- Recruitment Consultant Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 per annum, London
- SENIOR DIGITAL PROJECT MANAGER - AGENCY - £45K Salt £45000 per annum, London
- Group M wins Vodafone's £600m media account
- Dare creates European Ryanair ads
- Google becomes major UK advertiser after boosting spend by 50% in 2013
- Campaign Viral Chart: Evian's Spider-Man tops chart in week of movie premiere
- Tait replaces Papworth as W&K's ECD
- M&S moves £60m media account to Mindshare