NEWS: Selfridges triggers search for agency after Saatchis split
By EMMA HALL, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 29 March 1996 12:00AM
Selfridges is in the throes of seeking a new agency, following the appointment of its incumbent shop, Saatchi and Saatchi, to work on the pounds 4.5 million Bhs account last week.
Selfridges is in the throes of seeking a new agency, following the
appointment of its incumbent shop, Saatchi and Saatchi, to work on the
pounds 4.5 million Bhs account last week.
Bartle Bogle Hegarty looks like the front runner for the pounds 1
million-plus Sears-owned business, and is now working for the client on
a project basis.
Jennifer Laing, the chairman of Saatchis, said: ‘I recognise that there
is potential for future conflict.’
Selfridges is currently finalising plans to expand its operation outside
of London, which could result in Bhs and Selfridges opening up in the
same shopping malls and high streets across the country.
Steve Kershaw, a management representative of BBH, confirmed: ‘We have#
been in discussions with top Sears management and are now concluding a
two-month project for Selfridges.’
The store recently appointed a new managing director, Vittorio Radice,
who was also a client of Saatchis in his previous job as managing
director of Habitat.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Group Account Director and Business Director air recruitment Up to £75k dependent on experience, Central London
- Digital Planner Direct Recruitment £50,000 - £55,000, London
- Senior CRM Planner Direct Recruitment £80,000 - £95,000, Central London
- Brand Leader - FMCG to £60k Network Career Consultants £55000 - £60000 per annum, Switzerland