NEWS: Sunday Business set to renew media hunt
campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 29 March 1996 12:00AM
Sunday Business, the broadsheet newspaper being launched next month by the founder and editor, Tom Rubython, is understood to be looking again for a media specialist to handle its launch campaign, just six weeks after handing the business to the Arc Group.
Sunday Business, the broadsheet newspaper being launched next month by
the founder and editor, Tom Rubython, is understood to be looking again
for a media specialist to handle its launch campaign, just six weeks
after handing the business to the Arc Group.
Sources say that Sunday Business has asked a media consultant to
approach a number of media buyers about its claimed pounds 4 million
account. The newspaper is to launch on 21 April.
The media rethink follows the decision by the Telegraph Group to hand
its pounds 8 million media account to Arc’s media dependant, the Media
Factor, earlier this month (Campaign 15 March).
At the time, the Media Factor denied any conflict because it said that
Sunday Business’ media would be handled by the Arc Group, not the Media
Factor. However, both newspapers are thought to have been sceptical
about the arrangement.
Phil Lawlor, the marketing director at Sunday Business, denied that the
paper’s media buying account was again up for grabs, but a number of
agencies are understood to have been approached to pitch for the
With the paper now set to launch within a month, ads through Arc are
expected to break within two weeks. The paper goes on sale with a target
circulation of 150,000 and a cover price of 85p.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Sales & Account Exec - #Mobile #Advertising #London Digital Gurus £18000 - £22000 per annum + OTE upto £26,000 (Package), London
- VP Business Development - Mobile Innovation / Products Digital Gurus £85000 - £125000 per annum + benefits, London
- Technical Sales Manager #RTB #Mobile #London Digital Gurus £40000 - £50000 per annum + + OTE 50%, City of London
- Digital Designer - London - £25,000 - £30,000 Red Sofa London £25000 - £30000 per annum, London