Citrus fruit growers approach networks about pounds 15m ad blitz
By JOHN TYLEE, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 29 May 1998 12:00AM
Four agency networks are contesting a pitch to run a multi-million pound campaign to revive flagging sales of citrus fruits across Europe.
Four agency networks are contesting a pitch to run a multi-million
pound campaign to revive flagging sales of citrus fruits across
Saatchi & Saatchi, Grey, McCann-Erickson and the Interpartners alliance
of independent agencies are rivals for the assignment from Spain’s
citrus fruit growers and exporters, who have earmarked a reported budget
of at least pounds 15 million.
At this week’s pitches in Valencia, the networks, partnered by local
shops, presented their proposals to boost the image of citrus fruits and
increase consumption, particularly among youngsters.
The initiative takes place amid a crisis period for Spanish producers
whose European markets are at best stagnating, having suffered sales
slumps of up to 20 per cent in the past five years.
The problems stem partly from over-supply but also from the appeal of
new snacks and drinks to young people, many of whom see fruit-eating as
The advertising, which will focus on oranges, will also include
clementines, tangerines and lemons.
The budget for the campaign is not finalised and depends on the level of
the financial support coming from the EU - whose officials will have to
ratify the winning network’s appointment - and other Spanish
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Mid Weight Planner - ATL Daniel Marks London £30-£50K + Excellent Benefits, Central London
- Senior Program Manager air recruitment Up to £75K (dependent on experience) plus benefits and bonuses, Central London
- JUNIOR ACCOUNT MANAGER Live Recruitment £20000 - £24000 per annum, Middlesex
- Digital Account Manager Live Recruitment £23000 - £27000 per annum, Wolverhampton
- ACCOUNT EXECUTIVE - INTEGRATED AGENCY Live Recruitment £17000 - £21000 per annum, Birmingham