TBWA loses British heart client due to clash with tobacco
By MICHELE MARTIN, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 29 May 1998 12:00AM
The British Heart Foundation and Marston’s are both looking for a new agency following the merger of TBWA Simons Palmer with GGT.
The British Heart Foundation and Marston’s are both looking for a
new agency following the merger of TBWA Simons Palmer with GGT.
As predicted in Campaign last week, the two former Simons Palmer clients
will not have a home at the new agency. The British Heart Foundation
account clashes dramatically with GGT’s Marlboro/Philip Morris tobacco
business, which is worth around pounds 4 million to the agency in the
UK. The British Heart Foundation spent pounds 1.5 million last year.
Marston’s clashes with GGT’s Scottish Courage business, which includes
the John Smith’s bitter and Holsten Pils accounts.
Again, the smaller spender has been sacrificed for the bigger
Marston’s spent less than pounds 500,000 last year through Manning
Gottleib Media, while GGT’s Scottish Courage brands have an annual
budget of nearly pounds 10 million.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Marketing Services Manager Adam Recruitment £45000 - £50000 per annum, Cheshire
- Business Development Manager Pitch Consultants £25000 - £30000 per annum, Tamworth
- Planning Director Dynamic New Alliances £60000.00 - £80000.00 per annum, London
- Frontend Developer Pitch Consultants £20000 - £25000 per annum, Bolton