TBWA creates fresh TV spot for Thomas Cook currency arm
By JOHN TYLEE, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 29 May 1998 12:00AM
TBWA GGT Simons Palmer launches a television campaign for Thomas Cook Foreign Exchange next week which promotes the company’s status as the UK’s biggest provider of foreign currency to holidaymakers.
TBWA GGT Simons Palmer launches a television campaign for Thomas
Cook Foreign Exchange next week which promotes the company’s status as
the UK’s biggest provider of foreign currency to holidaymakers.
The 30-second commercial will run nationally from 1 June. It features a
host of characters from a middle-aged couple sitting in their living
room to a schoolboy standing in a bus queue, all proudly displaying the
tasteless souvenirs they have bought on holiday abroad.
The middle-aged woman is wearing a pair of bright yellow Dutch clogs
while her room is decorated with a Spanish guitar and a model of the
Empire State Building. The boy is seen standing at a bus stop in the
rain wearing a giant sombrero.
’Thomas Cook is the biggest provider of holiday money in the UK,’ reads
a title at the start of the film. A second comes up later:
’Unfortunately we have no control over what it’s spent on.’
The commercial, which will run in conjunction with a previous spot, was
written jointly by Nigel Roberts and Chris Jones and art directed by
Paul Roberts and Lucy Marsden. It was directed by Mark Denton through
Media is planned and bought by Booth Lockett Makin.
Jean Burke, financial products marketing manager at Thomas Cook, said:
’Some people still don’t realise how large the Thomas Cook Foreign
Exchange Service is. The new ad communicates our position in a charming
and modern way.’
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Online Sales Manager Ultimate Asset £25000 - £35000 per annum + Excellent Commission Potential, London
- Agency Sales Manager Ultimate Asset £23000 - £27000 per annum + Amazing benefits, London
- Agency Account Manager Ultimate Asset £27000 - £30000 per annum + Excellent Commission Potential, London
- Account Managers and Executives Needed Ultimate Asset £23000 - £25000 per annum + Excellent Benefits, London
- Google becomes major UK advertiser after boosting spend by 50% in 2013
- Unilever pilots multi-brand advertising with YouTube beauty channel
- Sorrell says Publicis / Omnicom's 'merger of equals' is 'impossible'
- Gatwick rolls out 'guess the X-ray' competition
- Dove launches first cinema campaign with 'real beauty' sequel
- iProspect appoints chief media officer among four senior hires