NEWS: Four shops line up to take on TBWA for Morgan’s rum task
By EMMA HALL, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 29 November 1996 12:00AM
Seagram UK has asked non-roster agencies to pitch for its pounds 4 million Captain Morgan’s Spiced rum account, currently held by TBWA.
Seagram UK has asked non-roster agencies to pitch for its pounds 4
million Captain Morgan’s Spiced rum account, currently held by TBWA.
BST-BDDP, Leagas Delaney, Duckworth Finn Grubb Waters and Simons Palmer
Clemmow Johnson are lining up against TBWA for a pitch at the beginning
Abbott Mead Vickers BBDO, a global roster agency through the BBDO
network, was invited to pitch, but faced a client conflict with Famous
Neil Tallantire, the marketing manager for spirits and fortified wines
at Seagram, said: ‘Creative work has reached the stage where we want to
develop it so it makes sense to look around.’ He played down the
significance of talking to non-roster shops.
TBWA recently launched a 48-sheet poster campaign for Morgan’s Spiced in
Scotland, with the established line, ‘Get Morgan’s Spiced’. Point-of-
sale promotions and radio advertising has accounted for most of the
marketing budget this year.
Morgan’s Spiced rum was launched in Scotland in the early 90s, and was
then rolled out across the UK.
Media, which is currently held by New PHD, will not be affected by the
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Mid Weight Planner - ATL Daniel Marks London £30-£50K + Excellent Benefits, Central London
- Account Director Major Players £45000 - £55000 per annum, London
- Marketing Coordinator /Communication Production Assistant - Mar Regan & Dean Recruitment Limited £25000 - £32000 per annum + excellent benefits, City of London
- Marketing Executive - Marketing Communications Regan & Dean Recruitment Limited £25000 - £32000 per annum + excellent benefits, London
- Digital Account Executive Twist Recruitment £19000 - £22000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Majority of 15m Twitter users in the UK follow a newspaper
- OgilvyOne loses BA business
- Iris and Cheil big winners at MAA Best Awards
- Campaign Viral Chart: Pepsi tops Coke with Jeff Gordon test drive
- International Women's Day: 'You make your own luck' says Cheryl Giovannoni
- Twitter attracts more ads, but rates tumble 67%