NEWS: RSA in shock as Jo Godman quits after bust-up with Scotts
By HARRIET GREEN, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 29 November 1996 12:00AM
Jo Godman, the managing director of RSA Films, left the company abruptly on Tuesday evening. She is understood to be setting up a rival production company.
Jo Godman, the managing director of RSA Films, left the company abruptly
on Tuesday evening. She is understood to be setting up a rival
Sources suggest Godman’s relationship with Ridley and Tony Scott, the
founders and star directors at RSA, has deteriorated and that rows were
centred on the roles of Ridley’s sons, Jake and Luke, who are also
directors at the company.
Sources indicate that Paul Rothwell, currently a producer at the Paul
Weiland Film Company, and Adrian Harrison, a producer at RSA, will take
over the running of the company.
Godman refused to speak to Campaign on Wednesday. ‘I’m on the other
line,’ she said, before slamming the phone down.
Ridley and Tony Scott were addressing staff as Campaign went to press
and were unavailable to comment.
Mark Wnek, executive creative director of Euro RSCG Wnek Gosper, said:
‘Jo is one of the best producers in town. She’ll be able to do
anything she wants in the business.’
RSA directors include David Bailey, Adrian Moat, Chris Hartwill and the
recently signed Vaughan Arnell, who joined RSA with his producer, Adam
Saward, having split from his directing partner, Anthea Breton.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Video Creative Solutions Sales Manager Ultimate Asset £40000 - £65000 per annum + +comm+bens, London
- Digital Account Manager: £37k - Fashion Brand Ultimate Asset £35000 - £37000 per annum + Phone + Benefits, London
- Digital Account Manager: £37k - Mobile Phone Brand Ultimate Asset £35000 - £37000 per annum + Phone and Benefits!, London
- Digital Planner Buyer - £28k - Big Budgets! Ultimate Asset £26000 - £28000 per annum + Benefits, London