NEWS: TUC examines four agencies in run-up to general election
campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 29 November 1996 12:00AM
The Trades Union Congress has shortlisted four London agencies as the union umbrella group gears up to appoint a shop in the run-up to the general election.
The Trades Union Congress has shortlisted four London agencies as the
union umbrella group gears up to appoint a shop in the run-up to the
Agencies have been asked to prepare their creative and strategic
thoughts on a campaign about employment rights. Initial presentations
will be held in the middle of December.
The presentations will be made to John Healey, the TUC’s head of
campaigns and communications.
The TUC represents 73 affiliated unions around Britain and claims to be
the country’s largest voluntary sector organisation, campaigning on such
social issues as unemployment, racism and employment rights.
The TUC last scoured the market in 1994 with the intention of appointing
a long-term roster shop.
But efforts foundered before the appointment stage and, to date, the TUC
has done most of its advertising through Delaney Fletcher Bozell on a
project basis. Its latest work was a campaign on behalf of the National
Union of Teachers, publicising cuts in education funding.
The run-up to this general election is a sensitive time for the TUC.
A Labour government would, on the face of it, improve the outlook for
the TUC, which has seen membership slump from 12.2 million to around
seven million since the Conservatives came to power.
However, the shrinking number of union members in the UK has sparked
fierce debate in the union movement about the future role of an umbrella
organisation such as the TUC.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Head of Brand Communications Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment £47,000 - £57,000, Central London
- Senior Product Manager Brand Recruitment £50000 per annum, Hitchin
- Director of Brand & Marketing Communications Three £Excellent + benefits + bonus, Maidenhead
- European Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £80,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London