NEWS: MGM joins Brann in agency set-up
By GORDON MACMILLAN, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 29 November 1996 12:00AM
Manning Gottlieb Media has created a second-string agency in a partnership with the direct marketing agency, Brann, following the media independent’s appointment to handle Brann’s pounds 10 million media business.
Manning Gottlieb Media has created a second-string agency in a
partnership with the direct marketing agency, Brann, following the media
independent’s appointment to handle Brann’s pounds 10 million media
MGM Brann will combine MGM’s media expertise with Brann’s direct
marketing knowledge, with the aim of raising Brann’s profile and
expanding the business base of both agencies. It is thought the new
brand might eventually house business that conflicts with MGM clients.
The deal comes as Brann, which is based in Cirencester, prepares to open
a London office and extend its offering into traditional advertising.
Brann, which has previously worked with CIA Media Solutions on a media-
buying basis only, invited MGM in for talks after a rigorous two-month
selection process. It is thought that Brann approached at least two
other media agencies through a third party.
The deal will allow Brann’s eight-strong media team to join forces with
a group from MGM to create the new shop by 1 December.
The division will be headed by the MGM director, Robert Ffitch, who
followed the founders, Nick Manning and Colin Gottlieb, from CIA
Medianetwork to MGM when the agency was set up in 1990.
Manning commented: ‘We have been selected by one of the UK’s biggest
players in the direct marketing industry which is moving to create more
integrated campaigns. It has asked us to help it develop that
Brann, the fourth largest direct marketing agency in the UK, had a
turnover of pounds 39.6 million in 1995 and its current clients include
Peugeot, Barclays, Microsoft and Unilever.
Chris Gater, chief executive of Brann, said: ‘We’ve been looking for an
alliance beyond the functional aspects of media buying. We wanted a
partner whose skills in awareness media would complement our expertise
in direct marketing. MGM is a strong player with a reputation for
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Group Insight Director, Technology & Financial Jarlett de Grouchy £65000.00 - £80000.00 per annum + bonus, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Commercial Head of Branded Content-Established Digital Business Ultimate Asset £65000 - £76000 per annum + bonus and huge benefits , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Sales Executive - Performance & Brand - Emerging Tech Ultimate Asset £40000 - £50000 per annum + commission & excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Content Strategist Zebra People £300 - £400 per day, London (East), London (Greater)
- Samsung calls global advertising and media review
- British Airways moves paid search account to Forward3D
- Watch the first YouTube clip, nine years on
- M&C Saatchi's Enyi Nwosu takes global role at Mindshare
- Post Office reviews advertising, DM and digital accounts
- Karmarama grabs Coppafeel! breast cancer charity account