NEWS: Ralph Lauren hands Optimedia pounds 8m couture account
campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 29 November 1996 12:00AM
Optimedia is understood to have picked up the pounds 8 million pan- European Ralph Lauren Couture media planning and buying account.
Optimedia is understood to have picked up the pounds 8 million pan-
European Ralph Lauren Couture media planning and buying account.
The business, which was previously handled in-house in the individual
European markets, comprises the full range of Ralph Lauren fashion and
home-furnishing products. The UK and France will be the key markets, but
the brand will be promoted throughout Europe.
Spend in the UK alone should top pounds 3 million next year as the
company steps up its European marketing effort. The US design house is
keen to expand its European operations to coincide with the opening of a
new flagship store in Bond Street in 1997.
Optimedia is believed to have won the business without a pitch on the
basis of its magazine experience for the perfume brands, L’Oreal and
Lanc™me. Although the media dependant already buys and plans on the
Ralph Lauren perfume marques, these are licensed through L’Oreal, and
there was no direct contact with Ralph Lauren.
Ralph Lauren Couture will be promoted primarily through heavyweight
magazine advertising, although a first TV campaign has not been ruled
Neither Pete Russell, a managing partner at Optimedia, nor Anna Bing,
the director of publicity and advertising at Ralph Lauren, would
Creative is developed by Ralph Lauren himself in New York and adapted
in-house for local markets.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Senior Insight Manager Jarlett de Grouchy £30000.00 - £40000.00 per annum + car allowance+ bonus, Berkshire
- Associate Director, Consumer Research Jarlett de Grouchy £38000.00 - £45000.00 per annum, Oxfordshire
- Senior Innovation Manager Ball & Hoolahan £58,000 per Car/ Car Allowance, South East
- Range and Merchandising Executive Ball & Hoolahan £33,000 per annum, London