Gap fashion chain decides on IDK for pounds 4m UK media job
By EMMA HALL, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 30 January 1998 12:00AM
Gap, the clothing retailer, has appointed IDK to handle its pounds 4 million media planning and buying business after a review.
Gap, the clothing retailer, has appointed IDK to handle its pounds
4 million media planning and buying business after a review.
The fashion retailer approached media companies before Christmas as part
of plans to launch a major advertising offensive later this year.
IDK is understood to have been informed this week that it has won the UK
business, with budgets being boosted to reflect the increased
Historically, Gap has spent less than pounds 2 million in the UK on
UK media was split between MediaCom, which has handled some buying on an
ad-hoc basis, and Gap’s US office, which has managed much of the UK
media buying in-house.
The company’s marketing and creative work is led from its San Francisco
Gap is understood to have decided that a more sophisticated advertising
approach requires a media company on the ground in the UK.
No-one at IDK was available to comment on the win as Campaign went to
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Are you a Freelance AM, SAM or AD in a UK creative agency? We need you! Day rates £150 - £250 a day! Barker Graves Up to £250/day, Central London
- Luxury Designer become £ - Negotiable, London
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 plus Car/ Car Allowance, London
- Assistant Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £30,000 per annum, London