INTERNATIONAL: MEDIA GIANTS (SPONSORED BY MOTHER TONGUE WRITERS)
By ALASDAIR REID, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 30 January 1998 12:00AM
Time Warner is the world’s largest media and entertainment group.
Revenue for 1996 was dollars 21 billion, though after servicing interest
on its dollars 17 billion debt, it turned in a net loss of dollars 448
million. Revenue for 1997 is likely to be up by about 25 per cent year
Around 20 cable television channels, including Cable News Network (three
US channels - general news, finance and sport - plus an international
service); TBS Superstation;
Cartoon Network (separate US, European, Asian and Latin American
services); Home Box Office; Turner Classic Movies; Turner Network
CABLE AND SATELLITE
Time Warner Cable. Operates cable networks across the US. A minority
stake holder in the direct broadcast satellite system, Primestar
FILM AND TELEVISION PRODUCTION
Warner Brothers. Hollywood film studio with subsidiaries in animation,
television programming, cinema multiplex ownership, home video and
laserdisc distribution, theme parks, merchandising and retail.
Hanna Barbera Productions, Castle Rock Entertainment, Turner Pictures
Worldwide, Telepictures Production
Time Inc titles include Time (which has different editions across the
whole world), Life, Fortune, Sports Illustrated, People, Entertainment
Weekly, DC Comics
Atlantic Records, Elektra Entertainment, Warner Bros Records
Time Life. Direct to home books, music and videos
Book-of-the-Month Club, American Family Enterprises
Seven imprints, including Warner Books and Little, Brown.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Global Brand Manager - Drinks Trace c. £58k depending on experience, South East England / London (Greater) / Surrey / London (South), London (Greater) / London (West)...
- Senior International Agency Sales Manager - Mobile Salt £70000 per annum + strong bonus and great bens, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Research Director - Consumer Tech Trace £80k to £110k depending on experience, South East England / London (Greater) / London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), Londo...
- Head of Marketing The RSA Circa £60,000 per annum (commensurate with skills and experience) + benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Samsung calls global advertising and media review
- Watch the first YouTube clip, nine years on
- British Airways moves paid search account to Forward3D
- Post Office reviews advertising, DM and digital accounts
- M&C Saatchi's Enyi Nwosu takes global role at Mindshare
- Yahoo hosts exclusive X-Men: Days of Future Past films