Three-way contest for PowerGen media work follows merger deal
By CLAIRE BEALE, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 30 April 1999 12:00AM
The utility giant, PowerGen, has begun a review of its media planning and buying in the wake of its merger with East Midlands Electricity.
The utility giant, PowerGen, has begun a review of its media
planning and buying in the wake of its merger with East Midlands
Three agencies have been shortlisted to pitch for the account - which
will include both the electricity supply business and the EME retail
outlets, bought by PowerGen last summer - and could be worth more than
pounds 10 million.
Zenith Media handles the pounds 7 million media account for PowerGen,
while Booth Lockett Makin was the incumbent on the EME business - which
was worth pounds 2 million before the PowerGen takeover, but which is
now being rebranded in a major marketing push backed by a pounds 4
The two incumbents will pitch against Western International Media for
The pitch will be managed by the strategic media consultancy,
Bridgeworks, which has been appointed by PowerGen to help drive its
PowerGen is Bridgeworks’ first account win since the company, formed by
Dominic Owens, Simon King and Simon Calvert, officially opened its doors
for business earlier this year.
The PowerGen media review was called at the end of last week and pitches
are expected to be held within the next two weeks, with a decision to
follow before the end of June.
PowerGen’s review is part of a new branding drive for PowerGen following
its purchase of EME. Saatchi & Saatchi, the incumbent on the PowerGen
creative account, won the creative task to rebrand EME from Rainey Kelly
Campbell Roalfe last month. EME will be rebranded as PowerGen this
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Marketing Manager Better Placed Recruitment £30000 - £35000 per annum, Sheffield
- Account Director - Branding and Packaging Mustard Jobs Circa £40,000 DOE, Central London
- Client Manager - Branding & Packaging to £35k Network Career Consultants £30000 - £35000 per annum, London
- Junior Planner - London - up to £34,000 Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £25000 - £34000 per annum, London