TBWA/Simons cuts ties with O&M after pan-Euro Sony win
By EMMA HALL, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 30 May 1997 12:00AM
The TBWA network has claimed the entire pounds 30 million pan-European Sony Playstation account, putting an end to the European partnership between Simons Palmer Clemmow Johnson and Ogilvy and Mather.
The TBWA network has claimed the entire pounds 30 million
pan-European Sony Playstation account, putting an end to the European
partnership between Simons Palmer Clemmow Johnson and Ogilvy and
Simons Palmer, which merged with TBWA in the UK earlier this year, won
the Playstation account in April 1995. Since September that year, the
business has been led from Simons Palmer’s London offices, and handled
at a local level by teams at O&M offices in key European markets.
Local TBWA offices will now have some autonomy over account handling and
creative work. David Patton, Playstation’s European marketing manager,
said: ’Playstation is now 18 months old, and different markets have
matured at different paces. By giving the account to TBWA, we now have
the flexibility to adapt our communications to each individual market.
But the consistency of the message will still be led by TBWA/Simons
The break-up comes as a blow to World Writers, the international
copywriting agency that has adapted UK work to run in other European
countries, but will no longer be involved.
The Network will continue to handle media in Europe.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Mid Weight Graphic Designer - Consumer agency JEFFERSON £28-35k plus benefits, SE Surrey
- Category Insight Manager - 12 mths contract Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment c.£50K-£56K + Benefits + Generous Bonus, Herts/North of London
- Senior Digital Delivery Manager Harvey Nash £55000 per annum + package, Nottingham
- Assistant Buyer - Global Tech Brand Aquent Up to £49,000 Dependent on Skills and experience, London
- Evian baby Spider-Man 'rescues' fans with Twitter answers
- YouTube reveals user habits to appeal to 'older' marketers
- Pitch update: eBay's media contest, DFS and 2 Sisters Food Group
- Three's pony and cats with thumbs top the cute Easter ad chart
- McCann wins Qatar Financial Centre brief
- Metro launches content agency