Michael Winner set to direct and act in new Doritos TV ads
By CAROLINE MARSHALL, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 30 May 1997 12:00AM
Michael Winner, the outspoken film director, newspaper columnist and restaurant critic, is directing and starring in a series of three commercials for Doritos through BMP DDB.
Michael Winner, the outspoken film director, newspaper columnist
and restaurant critic, is directing and starring in a series of three
commercials for Doritos through BMP DDB.
The ads, which all carry the endline, ’you too could be a winner’, are
to promote Doritos’ new ’movie money’ scratchcard. All three feature
Winner on a film set, talking to the camera, and play on the wealthy
star’s freeloading reputation and self-satisfied columns.
In one execution, Winner introduces himself and says: ’I don’t get out
of bed for less than 50 grand. But you lot aren’t me.’ He recommends
viewers get hold of a Doritos ’movie money’ scratchcard ’if you need the
Winner told Campaign: ’I haven’t directed a commercial since the 50s. I
like the Doritos ads because of their witty scripts and the fact that
they don’t go on forever.’
The prize money goes up to pounds 10,000 although I’ve been offered
quite a few as a performer and director.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Mid Weight Planner - ATL Daniel Marks London £30-£50K + Excellent Benefits, Central London
- Ad Operations Manager (Digital Advertising/Video/ VoD) Digital Gurus £30000 - £40000 per annum + bonus, benefits, London
- Marketing Communications Manager Stopgap £60000 per annum, London
- Senior Account Manager Adam Recruitment £27000 - £35000 Per Annum plus benefits, Manchester
- Account Director - Direct Marketing/Shopper/CRM Stopgap £50000 - £55000 per annum, London
- OgilvyOne loses BA business
- Majority of 15m Twitter users in the UK follow a newspaper
- Iris and Cheil big winners at MAA Best Awards
- Campaign Viral Chart: Pepsi tops Coke with Jeff Gordon test drive
- Twitter attracts more ads, but rates tumble 67%
- Greenpeace protests outside Saatchi & Saatchi London office