W&K takes the honours at One Show
By CAROLINE MARSHALL, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 30 May 1997 12:00AM
Wieden and Kennedy has taken the top honours at the 21st annual One Show for creative excellence in advertising, held in New York.
Wieden and Kennedy has taken the top honours at the 21st annual One
Show for creative excellence in advertising, held in New York.
The agency, which is based in Portland, Oregon, walked off with ten One
Show pencils at the US advertising Oscars for its work for three
clients: Nike, for which it won five pencils, the ESPN Sportscenter and
the ESPN Hockey network, both of which are owned by the Walt Disney
Three London agencies triumphed at the prestigious awards, which
attracted more than 14,800 entries from 34 countries.
Leagas Delaney came third overall, winning seven pencils, including
golds for the Adidas campaign - ’A make your own B’, ’hurry’ and ’free’
- and ’Hadrian’s Wall’ for English Heritage.
Leo Burnett won four pencils including a gold for its Mercedes
’skidmarks’ execution while Saatchi and Saatchi won a silver for its
’Islington clean-up’ spot.
Goodby Silverstein and Partners came a close second overall to Wieden
and Kennedy, winning eight awards, including two gold pencils for its
Polaroid print work.
The Best of Show award went to Grey Advertising in Melbourne, Australia,
for a public service campaign for the Transport Accident Commission.
The One Show Interactive category gold went to Rubin Postaer Interactive
for its Honda Website.
The One Show is organised by the US equivalent of D&AD, the One Club for
Art and Copy.
One Show review, next week.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Category and Brand Manager EMR £65000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Digital Designer 4 Innovative Charity Zebra People £22000 - £28000 per annum, City of London
- Director of Marketing and Communications (maternity cover) Almeida Theatre circa £38,000 per annum dependent on experience, Islington, North London
- Market Research - Senior Position - Dubai Based MCG Associates Tax Free Competitive Package, Dubai- UAE
- Group M wins Vodafone's £600m media account
- Google becomes major UK advertiser after boosting spend by 50% in 2013
- Campaign Viral Chart: Evian's Spider-Man tops chart in week of movie premiere
- M&S moves £60m media account to Mindshare
- Unilever pilots multi-brand advertising with YouTube beauty channel
- MEC boss Courtier hails £600m Vodafone media win as 'life changing'