W&K takes the honours at One Show
By CAROLINE MARSHALL, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 30 May 1997 12:00AM
Wieden and Kennedy has taken the top honours at the 21st annual One Show for creative excellence in advertising, held in New York.
Wieden and Kennedy has taken the top honours at the 21st annual One
Show for creative excellence in advertising, held in New York.
The agency, which is based in Portland, Oregon, walked off with ten One
Show pencils at the US advertising Oscars for its work for three
clients: Nike, for which it won five pencils, the ESPN Sportscenter and
the ESPN Hockey network, both of which are owned by the Walt Disney
Three London agencies triumphed at the prestigious awards, which
attracted more than 14,800 entries from 34 countries.
Leagas Delaney came third overall, winning seven pencils, including
golds for the Adidas campaign - ’A make your own B’, ’hurry’ and ’free’
- and ’Hadrian’s Wall’ for English Heritage.
Leo Burnett won four pencils including a gold for its Mercedes
’skidmarks’ execution while Saatchi and Saatchi won a silver for its
’Islington clean-up’ spot.
Goodby Silverstein and Partners came a close second overall to Wieden
and Kennedy, winning eight awards, including two gold pencils for its
Polaroid print work.
The Best of Show award went to Grey Advertising in Melbourne, Australia,
for a public service campaign for the Transport Accident Commission.
The One Show Interactive category gold went to Rubin Postaer Interactive
for its Honda Website.
The One Show is organised by the US equivalent of D&AD, the One Club for
Art and Copy.
One Show review, next week.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Head of Ecommerce and Online Marketing Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £Competitive salary + senior package. , London
- Account Director Dot-Gap £45k, Central London
- Digital Strategist Dot-Gap £50k, Central London
- Decision Sciences Analyst Dot-Gap £35k, London