NEWS: Frontline Media recruits Jones to head offshoot planning unit
By ANNE-MARIE CRAWFORD, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 30 August 1996 12:00AM
Frontline Media has hired Helen Jones, the former communications planning director at Ammirati Puris Lintas, to head a separately branded company called Frontline Communications.
Frontline Media has hired Helen Jones, the former communications
planning director at Ammirati Puris Lintas, to head a separately branded
company called Frontline Communications.
The new division opens its doors next week and is intended to cement
Frontline’s credentials on the planning side of the business by helping
clients take a longer term view of brands.
Jones will work both with agencies and directly with clients. Her role
will involve offering communications planning advice to those clients
who require it.
She will work primarily with existing Frontline Media clients, such as
smaller creative agencies and below-the-line shops. But as the company
expands, it will also handle third-party and even conflicting business.
Initially, Jones will work on her own, but she expects the company to
John Nichols, joint managing director of Frontline Media with Paul
Prince, said: ‘We work with a number of agencies and get involved with
pitches where there is no account planning resource, or the agency
cannot afford a communications planner. Frontline Communications can
come in and add value and, if necessary, work on a project-by-project
Jones said: ‘There is room for an agency which understands more about
brands and marketing problems and marries that knowledge to media
Jones left APL last December after six years at the agency. Since then
she has been working on a freelance basis at Initiative Media handling
the pounds 4 million Helene Curtis account.
In a separate move, Frontline Media is embarking on a profile-raising
push by hiring Charlotte Stockting, former corporate sales and marketing
director at Conde Nast, as its first marketing director.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Director Educational Enterprise Harvey Nash Competitive + attractive benefits, Birmingham
- Brand Manager - Country - Online Gaming Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £60000 - £70000 per annum, South West London
- Creative Artworker Night Shift Creative Recruitment £30000 - £40000 per annum + pro rata, Uxbridge
- Account Manager - ATL Production - Central London - £30k Source £27000 - £30000 per annum + great prospects, London