NEWS: Industry welcomes UK Living showcase as platform for ads
campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 30 August 1996 12:00AM
UK Living, the cable and satellite channel, has joined forces with the agency/client matchmaker, Agency Assessments, to revive the idea of providing a TV formula to air new commercials.
UK Living, the cable and satellite channel, has joined forces with the
agency/client matchmaker, Agency Assessments, to revive the idea of
providing a TV formula to air new commercials.
The initiative, called Showcase, is designed to allow agencies to run
their latest ads, including those not scheduled to be aired in the UK,
or to show their entire showreel. A similar initiative ran on ITV in the
Demand for the first edition of Showcase, which will be transmitted at
6.50am on Tuesday 3 September and then the first Tuesday of every month,
has been so high that a judging panel has been set up to select the
The ads will go out as a seven-minute-long ad break. To get around the
Independent Television Commission rules on showing ads in an editorial
format, the airtime will come out of UK Living’s advertising minutage
and agencies will pay nominal costs.
To brand the segment as a showcase, Agency Assessments is taking top and
tail ads flagging it as a special slot.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Media Business Director PFJ £70000.00 - £90000 per annum, London
- PERFORMANCE PLANNING DIRECTOR - MOBILE BRAND! Ultimate Asset £45000 - £60000 per annum + Benefits, London
- Mid Weight Graphic Designer - Consumer agency JEFFERSON £28-35k plus benefits, SE Surrey
- Category Insight Manager - 12 mths contract Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment c.£50K-£56K + Benefits + Generous Bonus, Herts/North of London
- Evian baby Spider-Man 'rescues' fans with Twitter answers
- Three's pony and cats with thumbs top the cute Easter ad chart
- McCann wins Qatar Financial Centre brief
- CEO Gail Gallie departs Fallon
- Samsung calls global advertising and media review
- Ex-M&S marketing chief Steven Sharp is consulting for WPP