NEWS: John French leads marketing group in stock-market move
campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 30 August 1996 12:00AM
John French, the former Osprey chairman, is heading a new marketing services group which is planning an imminent flotation to fuel its expansion.
John French, the former Osprey chairman, is heading a new marketing
services group which is planning an imminent flotation to fuel its
Acute Group comprises the London Advertising Partnership, established
two years ago, Wallace Barnaby, a Channel Islands-based through-the-line
specialist and the Adkins Wheeler Partnership in Birmingham, which
bought itself out of Osprey in 1994.
The group expects to raise up to pounds 1.5 million from the flotation,
giving it a value of between pounds 3 and pounds 4 million.
The group wants to use the flotation as a springboard for further
expansion, possibly into Scotland, and for tactical acquisitions in
London and the Midlands.
But French said: ‘We are not trying to set up a network of regional
agencies. However, we see an opportunity for a cross-fertilisation of
The group brings together a diverse range of clients, from Fred Olsen
Cruise Lines and Polygram, to Abbey National and Barclays.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Brand Leader - FMCG to £60k Network Career Consultants £55000 - £60000 per annum, Switzerland
- Midweight Creative Team - digital and direct The Industry Club London Ltd £35,000, Central London
- Marketing Analyst JV Recruitment £30000 - £40000 per annum, Benefits: Benefits, Halifax
- Midweight Designer Pitch Consultants £25000 - £30000 per annum, West Midlands