NEWS: John French leads marketing group in stock-market move
campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 30 August 1996 12:00AM
John French, the former Osprey chairman, is heading a new marketing services group which is planning an imminent flotation to fuel its expansion.
John French, the former Osprey chairman, is heading a new marketing
services group which is planning an imminent flotation to fuel its
Acute Group comprises the London Advertising Partnership, established
two years ago, Wallace Barnaby, a Channel Islands-based through-the-line
specialist and the Adkins Wheeler Partnership in Birmingham, which
bought itself out of Osprey in 1994.
The group expects to raise up to pounds 1.5 million from the flotation,
giving it a value of between pounds 3 and pounds 4 million.
The group wants to use the flotation as a springboard for further
expansion, possibly into Scotland, and for tactical acquisitions in
London and the Midlands.
But French said: ‘We are not trying to set up a network of regional
agencies. However, we see an opportunity for a cross-fertilisation of
The group brings together a diverse range of clients, from Fred Olsen
Cruise Lines and Polygram, to Abbey National and Barclays.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Mid Weight Planner - ATL Daniel Marks London £30-£50K + Excellent Benefits, Central London
- Creative Copywriter - DM & Digital - up to £55k Nakama up to £55k + benefits, London
- Brand and Communications Manager Ball & Hoolahan £65,000 + CA + benefits, London
- Copywriter/Content Manager Brand Recruitment £20000 - £25000 per annum + benefits, Milton Keynes
- Account Manager Major Players £26000 - £32000 per annum, London
- Majority of 15m Twitter users in the UK follow a newspaper
- OgilvyOne loses BA business
- Iris and Cheil big winners at MAA Best Awards
- Campaign Viral Chart: Pepsi tops Coke with Jeff Gordon test drive
- International Women's Day: 'You make your own luck' says Cheryl Giovannoni
- Twitter attracts more ads, but rates tumble 67%