NatMags in plan to launch cafes chain using Cosmo name
By ANNA GRIFFITHS, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 30 October 1998 12:00AM
The National Magazine Company is in talks about launching a Cosmo Cafe, the latest in a line of brand extensions for its most successful women’s monthly title, Cosmopolitan.
The National Magazine Company is in talks about launching a Cosmo
Cafe, the latest in a line of brand extensions for its most successful
women’s monthly title, Cosmopolitan.
Terry Mansfield, the NatMags managing director, told Campaign this week:
’I am mad about a Cosmo Cafe, which I believe has tremendous
We are talking to a number of companies in the restaurant and leisure
business, but we haven’t found a partner yet who has that vision we’re
looking for. It would be in London, Leeds and Manchester. It would
provide a service for women.’
Mansfield said the Cosmo Cafe would give a similar experience to
’opening the pages of the magazine’. Despite the recent struggles of the
Fashion Cafe and other themed restaurants, Mansfield is bullish about
the prospects for such a venture.
NatMags has already extended the Cosmopolitan brand into drinks, bed
linen, swimwear and lingerie and recently launched a Virtual Makeover
Mansfield is also keen to exploit the opportunities offered by digital
TV through a Cosmopolitan TV channel.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Mid Weight Planner - ATL Daniel Marks London £30-£50K + Excellent Benefits, Central London
- New Business Development Manager - Creative Agency - £15k to £20k OTE £30k to £35k Stonor £15k to£20k with OTE £30k - £35k, Northants
- Digital Project Manager Guru Careers £28 - 35k (DOE), Based in Farringdon, Central London (EC1)
- EXPERIENTIAL Junior or Senior Account Managers x 4, Account Director and Producers - perm/freelance Judi Patton £23K-£45K or freelance rates, London - all areas
- Graphic Designer Guru Careers £20 - 30k (DOE), Based in West Drayton, Greater London (UB7)
- Majority of 15m Twitter users in the UK follow a newspaper
- OgilvyOne loses BA business
- Iris and Cheil big winners at MAA Best Awards
- Campaign Viral Chart: Pepsi tops Coke with Jeff Gordon test drive
- International Women's Day: 'You make your own luck' says Cheryl Giovannoni
- We Built This City rises up the charts after Three ad