NatMags in plan to launch cafes chain using Cosmo name
By ANNA GRIFFITHS, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 30 October 1998 12:00AM
The National Magazine Company is in talks about launching a Cosmo Cafe, the latest in a line of brand extensions for its most successful women’s monthly title, Cosmopolitan.
The National Magazine Company is in talks about launching a Cosmo
Cafe, the latest in a line of brand extensions for its most successful
women’s monthly title, Cosmopolitan.
Terry Mansfield, the NatMags managing director, told Campaign this week:
’I am mad about a Cosmo Cafe, which I believe has tremendous
We are talking to a number of companies in the restaurant and leisure
business, but we haven’t found a partner yet who has that vision we’re
looking for. It would be in London, Leeds and Manchester. It would
provide a service for women.’
Mansfield said the Cosmo Cafe would give a similar experience to
’opening the pages of the magazine’. Despite the recent struggles of the
Fashion Cafe and other themed restaurants, Mansfield is bullish about
the prospects for such a venture.
NatMags has already extended the Cosmopolitan brand into drinks, bed
linen, swimwear and lingerie and recently launched a Virtual Makeover
Mansfield is also keen to exploit the opportunities offered by digital
TV through a Cosmopolitan TV channel.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Website Trading & Content Manager easyJet negotiable, Luton
- Account Manager Purple Consultancy £25000 - £30000 per annum, London
- Account Manager Purple Consultancy £28000 - £34000 per annum, London
- European Insight Analyst Ball & Hoolahan £30,000 + bens, London