MacKenzie snares Talk Radio in pounds 25m agreement with CLT
By ELEANOR TRICKETT, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 30 October 1998 12:00AM
TalkCo, the consortium headed by Kelvin MacKenzie, has finalised its acquisition of Talk Radio in a deal which values the station at pounds 24.7 million.
TalkCo, the consortium headed by Kelvin MacKenzie, has finalised
its acquisition of Talk Radio in a deal which values the station at
pounds 24.7 million.
The new management structure is likely to be announced next week. It has
been widely speculated that Paul Robinson, the managing director of
Talk, will leave the company once MacKenzie comes on board.
Presenters rumoured to be lined up for the station by TalkCo include
Richard Littlejohn and Andrew Neil. Kirsty Young, the station’s
breakfast presenter, is on extended leave and is not expected to
’We believe that an intelligent and comment-driven format will appeal to
listeners and advertisers alike, as has been proved in the US and
Australian market,’ Mac-Kenzie said.
TalkCo is backed by the venture capital group, MVI, which owns 35 per
cent of the radio station, alongside Radio Investments, News
International and Liberty Media.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Business Development Director Tomorrow Recruitment £60k - £65k, East London
- Senior Account Manager Twist Recruitment £38000 - £48000 per annum + Superb Central London Benefits, City of London
- Graphic Designer Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment To £28,000, South West London
- AM and SAM - experiential - Up to £38k Stopgap £30000 - £38000 per annum, London