Burnetts seizes global Sassoon prize
By KAREN YATES, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 30 October 1998 12:00AM
Procter & Gamble has appointed Leo Burnett to help relaunch its Vidal Sassoon range of haircare products around the world.
Procter & Gamble has appointed Leo Burnett to help relaunch its
Vidal Sassoon range of haircare products around the world.
The move gives Burnetts a central role in the rebranding of Vidal
Sassoon’s Redline products under the new name of VS Sassoon. The
19-strong range, which will compete with upmarket lines such as Charles
Worthington, makes its debut this autumn. It includes shampoos,
conditioners, mousses, sprays and even hair dryers.
Burnetts already handles Vidal Sassoon’s advertising throughout Asia and
Latin America, and now replaces Euro RSCG as its agency of record in the
US and Europe.
In the UK, Burnetts currently handles P&G’s Wash & Go, a range that was
repackaged to lose its Vidal Sassoon branding last summer, and attracted
an adspend of pounds 4.8 million over the past 12 months, according to
Media Monitoring Services.
’We’re now managing Vidal Sassoon as a global brand and in this case it
makes sense to work with a single global agency,’ P&G’s Cincinnati-based
vice-president of advertising, Denis Beausejour, explained. ’We’re
working with Vidal Sassoon salons and academies on a global basis to
make Vidal Sassoon the number one professional haircare brand.’
Details were unavailable of how much the planned VS Sassoon launch would
add to Burnetts’ billings in the UK, but the account is currently
estimated at around dollars 10 million across Europe.
Burnetts’ chief executive, Nick Brien, confirmed the win but declined to
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Mid Weight Planner - ATL Daniel Marks London £30-£50K + Excellent Benefits, Central London
- Senior UX/IA Mobile Designer - 3 Month Contract - London Network Career Consultants £300 - £350 per day, London
- Junior Account Executive Pitch Consultants £15000 - £18000 per annum, Birmingham
- French Speaking Graphic designer | Corporate communications - Global Healthcare Brand Aquent Competitive day rate, Hertfordshire
- Client Services Director - Full-Service Digital Agency Silverdrum to £55,000 + benefits, London