Y&R beats off three to scoop pounds 10m task for Longines brand
By HARRIET GREEN, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 31 January 1997 12:00AM
Young and Rubicam has won the pounds 10 million worldwide Longines watches account after a competitive pitch between agencies from four separate networks in four major European cities.
Young and Rubicam has won the pounds 10 million worldwide Longines
watches account after a competitive pitch between agencies from four
separate networks in four major European cities.
The other agencies involved were the Lowe Group in Frankfurt, DMB&B in
Milan and Publicis in Paris. They all pitched against Young and Rubicam
at the Longines headquarters in Switzerland.
Longines, which is owned by the watch giant, SMH, spent pounds 250,000
in the UK last year, using creative work that originated from a local
agency in Zurich.
The luxury watch brand wants to streamline its image globally, and the
appointment of Young and Rubicam is Longines’ first attempt to create a
worldwide consumer branding campaign.
Young and Rubicam’s first work will appear in the summer, starting with
a global press campaign backed by a 60-second cinema commercial in the
UK and TV spots in Asia, including Japan. Global broadcast media such as
CNN will also be on the media schedule.
Toby Hoare, the chief executive of Young and Rubicam, said: ’The
pitch-list was put together in an interesting way, with local agencies
from big international networks chosen on the basis of their creative
’Longines is a huge brand and we have created a clever but simple
campaign that will run everywhere.’
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Global Digital Brand Manager Jarlett de Grouchy £45000.00 - £55000.00 per annum + other benefits , Slough
- Marketing & Communications Director Stopgap £70000 per annum, London
- Account Manager Lipton Fleming £28000 - £30000 per annum + Bonus , London
- Associate Director of Content Strategy - London £75,000 Adam Recruitment £75000 - £76000 per annum + Benefits, London
- Sorrell says Publicis / Omnicom's 'merger of equals' is 'impossible'
- Evian baby Spider-Man 'rescues' fans with Twitter answers
- YouTube reveals user habits to appeal to 'older' marketers
- Pitch update: eBay's media contest, DFS and 2 Sisters Food Group
- McCann wins Qatar Financial Centre brief
- Three's pony and cats with thumbs top the cute Easter ad chart