Mediapolis wins Mercedes task
By CLAIRE BEALE, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 31 October 1997 12:00AM
Mediapolis has taken a step towards replacing the huge Peugeot-Citroen media business it lost earlier this year by pulling in another car account, Mercedes-Benz.
Mediapolis has taken a step towards replacing the huge
Peugeot-Citroen media business it lost earlier this year by pulling in
another car account, Mercedes-Benz.
Mediapolis saw off competition from three other agencies to take the
pounds 15 million media buying task for the prestigious car marque. The
shortlist for the account had included CIA Medianetwork, John Ayling &
Associates and the incumbent, Leo Burnett, but Mediapolis was confirmed
as the winning agency late last week.
The media review was sparked after the full-service incumbent, Leo
Burnett, resigned the account last year because of a conflict with its
Fiat client on the Continent.
The media review was originally designed to incorporate media planning
and buying. However, the car manufacturer’s new creative agency,
Partners BDDH, teamed up with the media dependant, New PHD, to launch a
media planning company, Media Science, with Mercedes’ planning as its
first account (Campaign, 3 October).
Mediapolis’s experience in the car market is understood to have clinched
the business. The company had worked on the Peugeot-Citroen account, in
various guises, for more than ten years, and had handled the pounds 90
million centralised business since 1992. The account was won by
Initiative Media in July.
The WCRS media department, which was merged into Mediapolis earlier this
year, had also handled the media buying for Mercedes’ rival, BMW, until
Marc Mendoza, the managing director of Mediapolis, said: ’Hopefully, our
car experience can be put to good use in developing exciting media
solutions for a company with ambitious plans for the future.’
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Global Brand Manager - Drinks Trace c. £58k depending on experience, South East England / London (Greater) / Surrey / London (South), London (Greater) / London (West)...
- Senior International Agency Sales Manager - Mobile Salt £70000 per annum + strong bonus and great bens, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Research Director - Consumer Tech Trace £80k to £110k depending on experience, South East England / London (Greater) / London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), Londo...
- Head of Marketing The RSA Circa £60,000 per annum (commensurate with skills and experience) + benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Samsung calls global advertising and media review
- Watch the first YouTube clip, nine years on
- British Airways moves paid search account to Forward3D
- Post Office reviews advertising, DM and digital accounts
- M&C Saatchi's Enyi Nwosu takes global role at Mindshare
- Yahoo hosts exclusive X-Men: Days of Future Past films