Lines and Jackson launch web start-up The Net Imperative
By LEXIE GODDARD, campaignlive.co.uk, Monday, 06 December 1999 12:00AM
Davina Lines, the former group commercial director of New Media Age, has founded The Net Imperative with ex-New Media Investor editor Felicia Jackson.
Davina Lines, the former group commercial director of New Media
Age, has founded The Net Imperative with ex-New Media Investor editor
The internet industry has been buzzing with speculation about the nature
of their venture since the pair announced that they were going into
business together earlier this year.
Lines will recruit three sales people for The Net Imperative, which aims
to provide a highly targeted information for internet professionals as
well as creating an online community for those who work in the
Lines said: ’We aim to present stories in a way that makes them directly
relevant to the various sections of the industry. The same story may run
on different parts of the site, but one version might be tailored
towards investors, while the other will be more relevant to
The service will initially target investors, marketers and web
News will be delivered to their desktops on a daily basis and will also
be available on a website.
Lines said: ’ The Net Imperative will appeal to companies that are
trying not only to reach the internet industry, but also consumers with
a high market value. People who work in the industry are young with a
high disposable income. It would be a good place to advertise everything
from mobile phones to the latest Saab convertible.’
Lines and Jackson have attracted seed capital from technology investment
group Durlacher and internet start-up specialist Esouk.com.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Digital Project Manager - Hugely Respected Digital Agency ADLIB £30000 - £45000 per annum, Oxford
- Digital Display Manager - Telecoms PFJ £30000.00 - £40000.00 per annum, London
- Account Director - Arts Clients PFJ £40000.00 - £45000.00 per annum, London
- AV Account Director (contract) PFJ £35000.00 - £43000.00 per annum, London