Universal McCann drinks in more business from Coke
By RACHEL MINTER, campaignlive.co.uk, Monday, 06 December 1999 12:00AM
Coca-Cola has handed Universal McCann eight more of its brands and allocated a planning/buying spend of around pounds 15 million.
Coca-Cola has handed Universal McCann eight more of its brands and
allocated a planning/buying spend of around pounds 15 million.
The media agency already controls planning and buying for Coca-Cola,
Diet Coke, Cherry Coke, Five Alive, Lilt and Sprite.
Now it will take on the media account for Dr Pepper, Kia- Ora, Capri
Sun, Canada Dry, Schweppes Tonic, Schweppes Lemonade, Oasis and Malvern
Universal McCann declined to comment on details of the campaign but it
is thought media activity will revolve around television and press.
The agency’s existing Coca-Cola team will assume responsibility for the
new additions. The unit consists of media account directors Peter Cory
and Jason Gonsalves and Richard Oliver, Universal’s associate director
The eight new soft drinks were part of Zenith Media’s portfolio but
Coca-Cola decided to move the products into Universal - its roster
agency - without a pitch.
The decision stems from the fact that Coca-Cola Great Britain bought the
beverages from Cadbury Schweppes for pounds 1.6 billion in a deal struck
around a year ago, and wanted to consolidate the business into a single
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Mid Weight Planner - ATL Daniel Marks London £30-£50K + Excellent Benefits, Central London
- Account Executive Adam Recruitment £18000 - £23000 per annum + Bonus + Benefits, Liverpool
- Marketing Executive Adam Recruitment £20000 - £25000 per annum + Benefits, Manchester
- Search Marketing Executive Adam Recruitment £20000 - £24000 per annum + Excellent Benefits, Manchester
- Lead Designer (Print, Agency, Conceptual, Typography, ATL, BTL) Creative Recruitment £35000 - £50000 per annum, London