Katz Radio Sales to handle Jazz FM and Beat 106 accounts
By RACHEL MINTER, campaignlive.co.uk, Monday, 06 December 1999 12:00AM
Following Clear Channel’s acquisition of Katz Radio Sales (Media Business, 11 October), Katz has taken over the selling of Jazz FM and Beat 106 to a host of media agencies, until a new radio sales structure is up and running.
Following Clear Channel’s acquisition of Katz Radio Sales (Media
Business, 11 October), Katz has taken over the selling of Jazz FM and
Beat 106 to a host of media agencies, until a new radio sales structure
is up and running.
Katz will be pitching to agencies to get Jazz FM and Beat 106, the
central Scottish station, into media planning schedules.
The Katz team, led by sales director David Goffin, is talking to Carat,
Mediapolis, Optimedia, Initiative, Universal McCann and CIA. The
remainder of the agencies will be sold to via the existing Jazz FM sales
But Clear Channel emphasised that Katz was only selling Jazz FM as an
interim measure until further decisions regarding the future of the
radio sales house are made. An insider said there would be a
restructuring of the sales operation in February, and that Katz would
not necessarily continue with the Jazz account.
The UK-based sales house has a 12 per cent share in all commercial radio
hours, compared with Jazz FM’s 1 per cent.
According to an agency observer, the Jazz sell is not an easy one. ’Katz
is marginal competition compared with Emap, Opus and Capital. Jazz does
not have much selling leverage as it doesn’t have a defined role or
schedule to offer at this stage.’
Plans for the official merger of Katz into Clear Channel are to be
announced early next year.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Integrated Account Manager Dynamic New Alliances £25000.00 - £30000.00 per annum, London
- Brand Analyst, Social Media Hasson Associates £30,000 - £35,000, Central London
- Senior Insight Manager Jarlett de Grouchy £30000.00 - £40000.00 per annum + car allowance+ bonus, Berkshire
- Associate Director, Consumer Research Jarlett de Grouchy £38000.00 - £45000.00 per annum, Oxfordshire