Emap On Air pours pounds 1m into facelift for The Box
By RACHEL MINTER, campaignlive.co.uk, Monday, 06 December 1999 12:00AM
Emap On Air has pumped an additional pounds 1 million into the marketing of its television channel The Box.
Emap On Air has pumped an additional pounds 1 million into the
marketing of its television channel The Box.
As part of the investment plans for the 24-hour music video channel, the
company has launched a website to complement the youth channel’s new
As well as logging on to the internet, viewers of The Box will be able
to select a video or interview their favourite artist. There will also
be advertising opportunities on the new website.
According to Nick Downs, head of sales of The Box, the new look is
’quicker, brighter and sharper, with three-dimensional logos and colours
that will take the brand into the new year.
’The Box provides an ideal window for advertisers and we want to
position it as a non-platform-specific brand, focused on new music and
The company also plans to launch The Box on palm pilots and mobile
phones using the latest technology.
Dave King, sales director at Emap On Air said: ’Emap On Air will evolve
quickly and draw on its ability to offer potential customers
opportunities across all three of our brands.’
Carlton Digital will retain responsibility for sales on The Box, while
Emap On Air will oversee sponsorship opportunities for creative
One of The Box’s main advertisers, Nestle, has extended its
The deal will continue on- and off-air from next April, when
three-and-a-half million Drifter bars will carry The Box logo.
In addition to Nestle, The Box’s biggest advertisers are the Central
Office of Information and Sony Records.
The channel is carried on cable and satellite and has a growing audience
of two-and-a-quarter million 15- to 24-year-olds.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Society Marketing Manager - Global Publishing House Recruitment Revolution Excellent Salary + Company Benefits Package, Oxford, Oxfordshire
- Digital Marketing Executive Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £25000 - £30000 per annum, Peterborough
- Technical SEO Account Manager - Leading Mid-size Agency Ultimate Asset £30000 - £38000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London
- Brand Manager Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £35000 - £50000 per annum, Ipswich
- Group M wins Vodafone's £600m media account
- Google becomes major UK advertiser after boosting spend by 50% in 2013
- Campaign Viral Chart: Evian's Spider-Man tops chart in week of movie premiere
- Tait replaces Papworth as W&K's ECD
- M&S moves £60m media account to Mindshare
- MEC boss Courtier hails £600m Vodafone media win as 'life changing'