VNU aims to eclipse Reed’s MicroScope with CRN relaunch
By COLIN GRIMSHAW, campaignlive.co.uk, Monday, 06 December 1999 12:00AM
VNU has relaunched Computer Reseller News, incorporating PC Dealer into the title, and is aiming to take a major chunk out of rival title MicroScope.
VNU has relaunched Computer Reseller News, incorporating PC Dealer
into the title, and is aiming to take a major chunk out of rival title
The Dutch-owned publisher bought Computer Reseller News from CMP in
August 1999, and decided to fold its existing resellers’ title, PC
Dealer, into the newly-acquired magazine.
Last week, VNU relaunched the new magazine at the resellers’ biggest
awards event, the 1999 Channel Awards.
Publishing director Paula Barnes, who is in charge of the commercial
side of Computer Reller News, said: ’We wanted not just to build on the
strengths of PC Dealer, but also to develop the title to include vital
Computer Reseller News will compete directly with MicroScope, which is
also targets the computer supply chain. MicroScope was owned by Dennis
but was bought by Reed Business Information in 1998.
VNU’s marketing manager Lisa Glover said: ’MicroScope is our main rival,
and we are confident we already have a very good market share. The aim
is to keep improving that share.’
The ad sales team on Computer Reseller News is fronted by Alison Day,
head of sales and Matthew Tasker ad sales manager. Sarah Deakin,
formerly with CMP, has been given a new role as business development
manager on the relaunched title.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Mid Weight Planner - ATL Daniel Marks London £30-£50K + Excellent Benefits, Central London
- Global CRM Manager Ball & Hoolahan £60,000, International/Europe
- Project Manager - CRM Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 + benefits, International/Europe
- Technical Account Manager, top DSP Ultimate Asset £40000 - £45000 per annum + +20%, London
- Agency Sales Manager Ultimate Asset £35000 - £40000 per annum + + 20k comm, London
- Cobra introduces bra-making brewer 'The Boss'
- Majority of 15m Twitter users in the UK follow a newspaper
- OgilvyOne loses BA business
- Iris and Cheil big winners at MAA Best Awards
- Campaign Viral Chart: Pepsi tops Coke with Jeff Gordon test drive
- International Women's Day: 'You make your own luck' says Cheryl Giovannoni