Newspaper Society in Scottish press drive for Britannia Airways
By LEXIE GODDARD, campaignlive.co.uk, Monday, 07 August 2000 12:00AM
The Newspaper Society has brokered a regional press-awareness campaign for Britannia Airways across 58 Scottish newspapers.
The Newspaper Society has brokered a regional press-awareness
campaign for Britannia Airways across 58 Scottish newspapers.
The marketing budget for the campaign was provided by Boeing, which is
promoting its next generation Boeing 737-800 aircraft - used by
Britannia for short-haul charter flights from Glasgow International
The deal was co-ordinated by the Newspaper Society through its Feature
Link service, which provides clients with easy access to branded feature
coverage across the entire regional press.
The society is connected, through Feature Link manager Charlotte
Luffman, to 750 co-ordinators in the regional press who have
responsibility for selling advertorial features.
The 58 newspapers have a combined circulation of 1.7 million. Britannia
has calculated the PR value of the campaign to be pounds 200,000 from a
media-spend of only pounds 25,000.
The advertorials combine advertising with articles on holiday packing
tips and a competition for Thomson holiday vouchers.
Some titles ran double-page features with follow-up mentions of
Britannia in the publication of the competition results.
Britannia Airways media relations manager Russell Ison said: ’The
campaign provided the ideal framework to promote Britannia Airways’
routes from Glasgow throughout Scotland.’
Every fortnight, Feature Link sends the co-ordinators bulletins and
press packs from clients that contain their communication messages.
Additional advertising is often sold around the features, which are
sometimes printed as supplements.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Mid Weight Planner - ATL Daniel Marks London £30-£50K + Excellent Benefits, Central London
- Senior national account manager Jarlett de Grouchy £55000 - £60000 per annum + bonus + car, West London
- Channel Sales Manager Just Digital £70000 - £85000 per annum + Bonus + Exceptional Stock Options, City of London
- Digital Project Managers and Campaign Project Managers £25,000- £70,0000 Nakama Between £25,000 and £70,000 depending on role, London
- Marketing Manager - South West Stopgap £39000 - £47000 per annum, South West England
- OgilvyOne loses BA business
- Campaign Viral Chart: Pepsi tops Coke with Jeff Gordon test drive
- Iris and Cheil big winners at MAA Best Awards
- Twitter attracts more ads, but rates tumble 67%
- Greenpeace protests outside Saatchi & Saatchi London office
- Facebook research finds 42% switch device mid-activity