Newspaper Society in Scottish press drive for Britannia Airways
By LEXIE GODDARD, campaignlive.co.uk, Monday, 07 August 2000 12:00AM
The Newspaper Society has brokered a regional press-awareness campaign for Britannia Airways across 58 Scottish newspapers.
The Newspaper Society has brokered a regional press-awareness
campaign for Britannia Airways across 58 Scottish newspapers.
The marketing budget for the campaign was provided by Boeing, which is
promoting its next generation Boeing 737-800 aircraft - used by
Britannia for short-haul charter flights from Glasgow International
The deal was co-ordinated by the Newspaper Society through its Feature
Link service, which provides clients with easy access to branded feature
coverage across the entire regional press.
The society is connected, through Feature Link manager Charlotte
Luffman, to 750 co-ordinators in the regional press who have
responsibility for selling advertorial features.
The 58 newspapers have a combined circulation of 1.7 million. Britannia
has calculated the PR value of the campaign to be pounds 200,000 from a
media-spend of only pounds 25,000.
The advertorials combine advertising with articles on holiday packing
tips and a competition for Thomson holiday vouchers.
Some titles ran double-page features with follow-up mentions of
Britannia in the publication of the competition results.
Britannia Airways media relations manager Russell Ison said: ’The
campaign provided the ideal framework to promote Britannia Airways’
routes from Glasgow throughout Scotland.’
Every fortnight, Feature Link sends the co-ordinators bulletins and
press packs from clients that contain their communication messages.
Additional advertising is often sold around the features, which are
sometimes printed as supplements.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Paid Search Executive SYLEX Recruitment £20000 - £26000 per annum, London
- Internal Communications Specialist Ninesharp £115 - £130 per day, Leeds
- Digital Designer (UX, Mobile, UI, Music Industry) Creative Recruitment £28000 - £40000 per annum, London
- Digital Project Manager £35-40k Digital Gurus £30000 - £40000 Per Annum, London
- Group M wins Vodafone's £600m media account
- Google becomes major UK advertiser after boosting spend by 50% in 2013
- Campaign Viral Chart: Evian's Spider-Man tops chart in week of movie premiere
- Tait replaces Papworth as W&K's ECD
- M&S moves £60m media account to Mindshare
- MEC boss Courtier hails £600m Vodafone media win as 'life changing'