Auto Express gears up to unveil Car of Year in radio drive
By JEREMY LEE, campaignlive.co.uk, Monday, 10 July 2000 12:00AM
Auto Express is to reveal its Car of the Year simultaneously on national radio and in the magazine on 19 July.
Auto Express is to reveal its Car of the Year simultaneously on
national radio and in the magazine on 19 July.
The announcement will be made live on TalkSport’s Breakfast with
The radio station will also run a series of news features focusing on
the magazine’s car awards, which are divided into 18 model categories,
from budget to executive.
The Auto Express Car of the Year award is coveted within the automotive
industry and is used extensively in the winning marque’s future
Last year’s winner was the Ford Focus.
A campaign to promote the New Car Honours special issue will be carried
on TalkSport and Virgin Radio over the first four days of publication.
The ad push was bought and planned by Booth Lockett Makin, with creative
by River Advertising.
The bumper 116-page issue will carry 40 pages of advertising. Publisher
Phil Parker claimed Auto Express’s year-to-date advertising revenue was
up 20 per cent on the previous year.
Auto Express, a Dennis title, is the leading motoring weekly with an ABC
for the last half of last year of 94,475. It competes with Haymarket
Magazines’ Autocar, which recorded an ABC of 73,783.
Both titles are expected to see a decline in their ABCs for the first
half of this year due to the depression in the new car market.
This has been caused by ’rip-off Britain’ campaigns fuelling car buyers’
expectations of lower prices for new cars in the near future.
Autocar publisher Patrick Fuller is expecting a better second half of
’There were no high-profile launches in the first half but the next six
months will see the launch of a new Mondeo, Mini and Aston Martin,’ he
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Mid Weight Planner - ATL Daniel Marks London £30-£50K + Excellent Benefits, Central London
- Middleweight Designer become £36K, Central London
- Senior Category Manager Ball & Hoolahan £60,000 + Car/Car Allowance, South East
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 per annum, South East
- Interim Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £44,000 per annum + Car/ Car Allowance, South East
- Campaign Viral Chart: Pepsi tops Coke with Jeff Gordon test drive
- Iris and Cheil big winners at MAA Best Awards
- Twitter attracts more ads, but rates tumble 67%
- Greenpeace protests outside Saatchi & Saatchi London office
- Kevin Bacon, Google Glass and Julian Assange: the SXSW weekend in tweets
- Halifax releases 'holiday dad' campaign