Whitbread picks Cardguide to steer hologram campaign
By LEXIE GODDARD, campaignlive.co.uk, Monday, 13 December 1999 12:00AM
Whitbread Beer Company is using holographic postcards to raise awareness of its ’eccentric’ Belgian beer brand Hoegaarden in the run up to Christmas.
Whitbread Beer Company is using holographic postcards to raise
awareness of its ’eccentric’ Belgian beer brand Hoegaarden in the run up
Postcard advertising outfit The Cardguide has distributed 140,000 cards in
upmarket bars and restaurants across the UK.
The cards, created by the ad agency Mother, are stamped with the message:
’Polite notice: after consuming our delicious white Belgian beer, please
refrain from nicking the flaming glass’ - a reference to the high number
of Hoegaarden glasses that disappear from bars.
Motive Communications is handling the planning and buying for the
The agency’s media manager Marc Gilmore said: ’The media delivery to
trendy UK bars aligns with Hoegaarden’s quirky brand positioning.’
Motive’s campaign may expand to include more mainstream media next
Hoegaarden’s brand manager Susan Keyes said: ’We wanted to reach our
target market without relying on traditional beer advertising routes.
Motive’s focused approach fits the target market perfectly.’ Whitbread is
aiming to reach a broad range of 25- to 45-year-old ’social drinkers.’
According to Gilmore, virtually all the postcards have been taken by
customers after just one week.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Head of Ecommerce and Online Marketing Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £Competitive salary + senior package. , London
- Account Director Dot-Gap £45k, Central London
- Digital Strategist Dot-Gap £50k, Central London
- Decision Sciences Analyst Dot-Gap £35k, London