Emap On Air gives Big City Network national branding
By RACHEL MINTER, campaignlive.co.uk, Monday, 13 December 1999 12:00AM
Emap On Air is transforming its eight-station Big City Network into a national consumer radio brand that will sit alongside the Kiss and Magic brands in its portfolio.
Emap On Air is transforming its eight-station Big City Network into
a national consumer radio brand that will sit alongside the Kiss and
Magic brands in its portfolio.
The launch of Big City Network as a national brand - featuring a new
logo to build a cohesive image - aims to encourage more advertisers to
use the stations for sponsorship and promotions.
Cath Murphy, brand director of Big City Network, said: ’We want to develop
radio brands that enable easy access and understanding for agencies and
media buyers. The branding will give the stations a strong identity that
will appeal to consumers and encourage advertisers to take the brand
Tom Toumazis, UK consumer advertising sales director, Emap Group ad sales,
said: ’The Big City brand will make sure we maintain our position as
leaders in the 15- to 34-year-old market.’
The Big City Network stations provide pop and sports news. They include
Key 103 in Manchester, Aire FM in Leeds, Metro in Newcastle, plus
stations in Sheffield, Stockton, Hull, Liverpool and Preston.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Mid Weight Graphic Designer - Consumer agency JEFFERSON £28-35k plus benefits, SE Surrey
- Category Insight Manager - 12 mths contract Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment c.£50K-£56K + Benefits + Generous Bonus, Herts/North of London
- Senior Digital Delivery Manager Harvey Nash £55000 per annum + package, Nottingham
- Assistant Buyer - Global Tech Brand Aquent Up to £49,000 Dependent on Skills and experience, London
- Evian baby Spider-Man 'rescues' fans with Twitter answers
- YouTube reveals user habits to appeal to 'older' marketers
- Pitch update: eBay's media contest, DFS and 2 Sisters Food Group
- Three's pony and cats with thumbs top the cute Easter ad chart
- McCann wins Qatar Financial Centre brief
- Metro launches content agency