Emap On Air gives Big City Network national branding
By RACHEL MINTER, campaignlive.co.uk, Monday, 13 December 1999 12:00AM
Emap On Air is transforming its eight-station Big City Network into a national consumer radio brand that will sit alongside the Kiss and Magic brands in its portfolio.
Emap On Air is transforming its eight-station Big City Network into
a national consumer radio brand that will sit alongside the Kiss and
Magic brands in its portfolio.
The launch of Big City Network as a national brand - featuring a new
logo to build a cohesive image - aims to encourage more advertisers to
use the stations for sponsorship and promotions.
Cath Murphy, brand director of Big City Network, said: ’We want to develop
radio brands that enable easy access and understanding for agencies and
media buyers. The branding will give the stations a strong identity that
will appeal to consumers and encourage advertisers to take the brand
Tom Toumazis, UK consumer advertising sales director, Emap Group ad sales,
said: ’The Big City brand will make sure we maintain our position as
leaders in the 15- to 34-year-old market.’
The Big City Network stations provide pop and sports news. They include
Key 103 in Manchester, Aire FM in Leeds, Metro in Newcastle, plus
stations in Sheffield, Stockton, Hull, Liverpool and Preston.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Freelance Senior Producer Purple Consultancy £250 - £300 per day, London
- Campaign Reporting & Performance Manager Major Players £55000 - £60000 per annum + bens, London
- Campaign Manager Purple Consultancy £200 - £250 per day, Woking
- Marketing Manager Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £40000 - £50000 per annum, Nottinghamshire