campaignlive.co.uk, Monday, 13 December 1999 12:00AM
Sorry, I can’t connect you to the rant at the moment - I’ve got somebody on the other line. Do you mind holding? (Insert Richard Clayderman playing Greensleeves.) Hello? Oh yes, the rant. I’ll put you through.
Sorry, I can’t connect you to the rant at the moment - I’ve got
somebody on the other line. Do you mind holding? (Insert Richard
Clayderman playing Greensleeves.) Hello? Oh yes, the rant. I’ll put you
At this point, the rest of the page should be blank, because you’re
about to disappear into a black hole from which you’ll never emerge.
Agency receptionists - what are they like? It’s hard enough getting a
media buyer on the phone in the first place, without having to suffer
some teenage wannabe who sounds like Dani Behr with the flu.
As well as being incompetent, some of them are downright frosty. Like
Criterion waiters and people who work in designer clothes shops, too
many agency receptionists have an opinion of themselves that far exceeds
It’s not so much what they say, but the way they say it. Do their
trainers tell them: ’Whatever you do, girls, don’t let an iota of warmth
creep into your tone’?
Of course, when you’ve tackled the receptionist, you have to get past
your target’s PA. Some of these make receptionists sound like
over-zealous geisha girls. I love the way they vet their boss’s calls.
Well I’m afraid he’s out/on holiday/in a meeting/dead at the moment.’
That’s when I slam the phone down.
I think I need a holiday. Can you hold while I bugger off for a month?
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Mid Weight Planner - ATL Daniel Marks London £30-£50K + Excellent Benefits, Central London
- Business Development Director - Design Branding and Integrated - London Spectrum £70,000 - £90,000, London
- Middleweight Graphic Designer become £28-35K, Central London
- Account Manager Ball & Hoolahan £38,000 + benefits, London
- Senior UX/IA Mobile Designer - 3 Month Contract - London Network Career Consultants £300 - £350 per day, London