ANALYSIS: iSPY ... www.island-trading.com
By KAREN BANS, campaignlive.co.uk, Monday, 14 August 2000 12:00AM
A brilliant shopping site for girlies, cosmetic junkies and drag queens, at island-trading.com you toss your bargains into your virtual basket as you browse through offers from companies ranging from Christian Dior to Clarins.
A brilliant shopping site for girlies, cosmetic junkies and drag
queens, at island-trading.com you toss your bargains into your virtual
basket as you browse through offers from companies ranging from
Christian Dior to Clarins.
The site provides perfumes and cosmetics at huge discounts while also
boasting that ’all stock is guaranteed and 100 per cent genuine ’.
Delivery to the US and UK is free.
Visually, the site is not very enticing - the pics look like they are
straight from a mail-order catalogue. Unusually, an icon gives you a
glimpse of the UK-based staff, although this could be a US-style
However, to further convince you of the site’s British credentials, the
news page displays links to reviews of the site from Guardian Unlimited
and Woman’s Own.
There’s something for the boys too, with a range of up to 20 designer
fragrances and accessories to choose from. If your chosen item is not in
stock, you can e-mail the site’s customer services department with your
The site is very shopper-friendly. A clear guide to buying online is
given on the info page, which walks net-shopping virgins through placing
orders, payment methods, returns and deliveries.
Current bargain-buys include coloured contact lenses, Austrian crystal
hair accessories and designer sunglasses. If you happen to be passing
through Brighton this summer, you’re invited to visit the Island Trading
shop, whose Aquamarine decor looks like a spin-off from rivals Body Shop
Future developments include Island Trading becoming the official
e-tailer for Iman European E-Cosmetics. Otherwise, there are no ads on
the site, although it did win ShopsOnTheNet’s E-tailer of the Year award
Items are meant to be received within five days of ordering, although
they can take up to two weeks. So, if you want duty-free prices and
exercise-free spending, or simply want to get your Christmas prezzies
early, then Island Trading is worth a browse.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Mid Weight Planner - ATL Daniel Marks London £30-£50K + Excellent Benefits, Central London
- Senior Category Manager - Tesco Jarlett de Grouchy £55000 - £60000 per annum + Car Allowance + Benefits, Weybridge
- Marketing Manager, Wokingham, up to £45k Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £40000 - £45000 per annum, Benefits: Great Benefits, Wokingham
- Account Manger - Marketing and Design Agency - Essex/Herts - £30k - NP072 Stonor £30k, West Essex
- Global Head of Investor Access Services EMR £80000 - £90000 per annum, City of London
- Kevin Bacon, Google Glass and Julian Assange: the SXSW weekend in tweets
- International Women's Day: "my gender is irrelevant" says Lisa Thomas
- Omnicom Media Group buys Mobile5
- BBH launches sport division with Lawrence Dallaglio
- IPA's 2014 Women of Tomorrow competition winners revealed
- HSBC launches Hong Kong Rugby Sevens push