All credit to Open as MasterCard takes up its banner sites
By COLIN GRIMSHAW, campaignlive.co.uk, Monday, 15 November 1999 12:00AM
MasterCard has agreed to take up advertising on banner sites within the shopping and music sections of Open, BSkyB’s new digital interactive service.
MasterCard has agreed to take up advertising on banner sites within
the shopping and music sections of Open, BSkyB’s new digital interactive
The banner ads will re-inforce MasterCard’s latest ’priceless’ campaign,
and operate on Open’s virtual high street which sells a range of items
from groceries to concert tickets. MasterCard will appear on the store
sites of Going Places, Dixons, Iceland, Argus and Manchester United. The
ads will also appear on Open’s football service when it launches later
in the year.
According to Rita Broe, head of marketing for credit service operator
Europay International, the various sections were chosen to fit in with
MasterCard’s major sponsorship relationships in the football and music
Open is Britain’s first national digital interactive service and is
available free of charge on digital satellite. The service enables
viewers to shop, e-mail and bank, all via their remote control.
Broe added: ’While e-commerce is already accounting for a significant
proportion of MasterCard transactions, a television-based service will
bring interactivity into living rooms.
Open’s own 20 million launch campaign is already building awareness of
what technology can now deliver.’
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Are you a Freelance AM, SAM or AD in a UK creative agency? We need you! Day rates £150 - £250 a day! Barker Graves Up to £250/day, Central London
- Luxury Designer become £ - Negotiable, London
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 plus Car/ Car Allowance, London
- Assistant Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £30,000 per annum, London