DoubleClick hires four account managers
By COLIN GRIMSHAW, campaignlive.co.uk, Monday, 17 July 2000 12:00AM
DoubleClick has introduced an extra four account managers into its sales division in a bid to cope with a hike in online media budgets.
DoubleClick has introduced an extra four account managers into its
sales division in a bid to cope with a hike in online media budgets.
David Smith joins the online ad team from Ziff-Davis UK, where he was
sales manager on PC Direct.
Adrian Lacy was previously senior sales executive on IPC Country and
Leisure’s yachting titles and their accompanying websites.
The third new manager, Ben Auchettl, arrives at DoubleClick from
Datamonitor, where he was sales manager, and Samantha Davidson joins the
US-based company from its Sydney office.
DoubleClick has also promoted Natalie Dimant to the newly created role
of sponsorship manager.
DoubleClick now has eight account managers and has divided its clients
between them so each manager handles between six and eight pieces of
The sales team also contains four sales executives and two trafficking
analysts. Richard Firminger, DoubleClick’s UK sales director, is keen to
hire more staff.
’I anticipate we’ll increase the department by 50 per cent - if not more
- by the end of the year,’ said Firminger. ’Some of our existing clients
are increasing their spend significantly and new companies are coming on
board. They are all demanding a high level of service, a regular point
of contact, as well as ideas and creativity, and it’s important we keep
abreast of these requests.’
DoubleClick UK’s biggest advertisers are QXL.com, the community site
Fortune City, the books website BCA, First Direct and Egg.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Account Director [Telco] - Superb Agency off Oxford Street Fill Recruitment Ltd to £55k with great benefits, Off Oxford Street
- Propositions Marketing Manager Harvey Nash £35000 - £40000 per annum, Walsall
- Paid Social Manager Lipton Fleming £32000 - £42000 per annum + excellent benefits, London
- Events Marketing Manager Stopgap £40000 - £50000 per annum, London
- Sorrell says Publicis / Omnicom's 'merger of equals' is 'impossible'
- Evian baby Spider-Man 'rescues' fans with Twitter answers
- YouTube reveals user habits to appeal to 'older' marketers
- Pitch update: eBay's media contest, DFS and 2 Sisters Food Group
- McCann wins Qatar Financial Centre brief
- Three's pony and cats with thumbs top the cute Easter ad chart