Initiative grabs Diageo task
By JONAH BLOOM, campaignlive.co.uk, Monday, 18 October 1999 12:00AM
The planning and buying for the Diageo brands Guinness, Baileys and Smirnoff Vodka in Ireland has moved to Initiative Media.
The planning and buying for the Diageo brands Guinness, Baileys and
Smirnoff Vodka in Ireland has moved to Initiative Media.
The Dublin office of Initiative stole the IRpounds 15 million
centralised business from AIM/Carat last week after pitching against
MCM, Zenith Media and the incumbent.
Initiative will begin working on the account - Ireland’s largest piece
of media business - in January.
Dave Harland, managing director of Initiative Ireland, will head the
drinks business assisted by directors Tim Griffiths and Colin Clark, the
team who led the pitch.
Because of the account’s size, Initiative will have to double its number
of employees by hiring around ten new people.
The brief, which covers both planning and buying for the Republic of
Ireland and Northern Ireland, includes the above brands and Fitches Soft
Initiative will be using television, press, radio, cinema and the
internet for the media push, with help from the London headquarters
which has just opened an internet research unit called
Diageo previously scattered its Irish media buying business among
several agencies with Carat handling the bulk - worth around IRpounds 12
Carat will continue to look after centralised media planning and buying
in England, Scotland and Wales.
Diageo, which was formed by the merger of Guinness and Grand
Metropolitan, operates several companies in Ireland including the
Guinness Ireland Group, Gilbeys of Ireland, R&A Beverages and United
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Marketing Analyst JV Recruitment £30000 - £40000 per annum, Benefits: Benefits, Halifax
- Midweight Designer Pitch Consultants £25000 - £30000 per annum, West Midlands
- Senior Art Director Pitch Consultants £35000 - £45000 per annum + benefits, Warwickshire
- Senior Account Manager - Digital Pitch Consultants £3000 - £34000 per annum + bonus + benefits, Birmingham