CCI gears up for pan-Euro sales
By RACHEL MINTER, campaignlive.co.uk, Monday, 22 May 2000 12:00AM
Clear Channel International is on the hunt for an international sales director as it prepares to offer pan-European advertising deals in the outdoor and radio sectors.
Clear Channel International is on the hunt for an international
sales director as it prepares to offer pan-European advertising deals in
the outdoor and radio sectors.
The director will sit at the helm of a centralised international sales
team linking CCI’s operations - including outdoor giant More Group - in
29 countries. He or she will provide a single point of contact for
clients wanting to run poster campaigns across the Continent.
CCI is also hoping to use the new team to introduce its UK radio
division, Clear Channel Radio Sales, into the European market. It looks
set to offer joint outdoor and radio packages in the future.
Coline McConville, chief operating officer of CCI in Europe and Asia
Pacific, said it was likely the division would be based in the UK. ’The
UK offers the most sophisticated advertising market in Europe,’ she
CCI is still in the early stages of developing the international sales
team and McConville said she had not yet drawn up a shortlist for the
sales director vacancy.
She added that the right candidate would have to demonstrate a strong
understanding of the international outdoor market.
Last month, CCI and the Henley Centre investigated advertiser attitudes
to outdoor across Europe. A series of interviews were conducted with
billboard users in 40 locations. The response suggested consolidation of
the industry would encourage pan-European deals.
McConville said: ’There are still a limited number of companies offering
clients pan-European deals and we are reaching a point where we are
responding to demand. There is huge potential for growth linking the UK
CCI exists in 29 countries outside the US, so we must take advantage of
CCI is part of Clear Channel Communications, which is based in San
Antonio, Texas. It runs all Clear Channel’s operations outside the US.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- Creative Strategist- £65k - Well known FMCG Brands Gemini Search £65000 per annum, City of London
- Senior Insight Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 + Car/Car Allowance, West Midlands
- Category Manager Ball & Hoolahan £60,000 per annum, London (Greater)
- Email Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £35,000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
Agency: Wieden & Kennedy New York
- Macmillan defends hijacking ice bucket challenge
- Comparethemarket.com first UK brand to run Facebook Premium Video ads
- Guinness Africa launches 'made of black' campaign with Kanye West ad
- Twitter launches learning hub for agencies
- Game Of Thrones actress stars in online Karen Millen campaign
- Uncle Ben's launches YouTube cooking show