Clear Channel seeks poster boss
By ASHLEY DAVIES, campaignlive.co.uk, Monday, 25 October 1999 12:00AM
Clear Channel International is on the hunt for a managing director for its UK poster business, More Group, and is about to begin trawling for a new general manager for its radio sales division.
Clear Channel International is on the hunt for a managing director
for its UK poster business, More Group, and is about to begin trawling
for a new general manager for its radio sales division.
The outdoor managing director will take over from Peter Smyth, who has
been promoted following a European restructure, resulting in the
creation of four business regions.
Smyth takes on the new role of regional director of Northern Europe,
which includes England, Wales, Scotland and Holland.
He will oversee strategic development - covering franchises,
acquisitions and tenders - across all media and he will guide e-commerce
The restructure will allow regional directors to focus on longer-term
issues and share best practices across regions, freeing country managing
directors to concentrate on the day-to-day task of increasing sales and
Smyth said that while there were potential internal candidates for the
managing director’s post, he wanted to cast the net wide. The company is
looking for someone with management and marketing experience, ideally
from a media background.
The radio head will have a managing director-type role over the
40-strong sales unit, which will be formed in the new year, following
the acquisition of Katz Radio Sales.
Jonathan Bass, CCI’s group development director- who is responsible for
building the radio division - said there were three natural internal
There will almost certainly be a battle for the job between Katz’s man,
commercial director David Goffin, and CCRS’s sales director David
Bass confirmed that Simon Lynds, Katz International’s chief executive,
would be talking with Roger Parry, CCI’s chief executive, about his
Bass said: ’I would be surprised if there wasn’t a place for him. But a
philosophical discussion has to take place between Simon and Roger.’
Bass added that he was keen to set up a cross-border selling system, and
the creation of the four European regions could lend itself to this
As well as Northern Europe - headed by Smyth - the three other new
business regions are Southern Europe, Central Europe and the Nordic
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Head of External Communications Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment £70,000 - £80,000 tax free, Kuwait
- Production Manager Pitch Consultants £25000 - £30000 per annum, Birmingham
- Content Director AF Selection £35,000 + Bonus + Benefits, Birmingham
- Advertising Operations Specialist Propel £24000 - £32000 per annum, City of London
- Campaign Viral Chart: Amazon's drones topple van Damme
- Shazam reveals most tagged ads of 2013
- Ogilvy poaches McDonald's creative director for Unilever role
- More evidence of strong TV spend in second half of 2013
- VCCP, MediaCom, Lida and SapientNitro among Campaign's Agencies of 2013
- New year's resolution: learn to code in 2014