Initiative seeks staff for specialist IT arm
By LEXIE GODDARD, campaignlive.co.uk, Monday, 27 September 1999 12:00AM
Initiative Media has set up a sub-agency, Initiative.com, and is looking to recruit a number of IT-savvy staff from agency, media-owner and client backgrounds.
Initiative Media has set up a sub-agency, Initiative.com, and is
looking to recruit a number of IT-savvy staff from agency, media-owner
and client backgrounds.
Initative.com’s accounts include Cisco Systems, Mannesmann VDO, the
games site Uproar.com and the pounds 60 million global planning and
buying business for Sun Microsystems, which it won last week.
Simon Foster, who joined Initiative as communication planning director
from MindShare earlier this year, will head the new unit. Foster has
responsibility for chasing new business and publicising the
Initative.com name, although he will continue with his communications
role for Initiative Media.
His number two is Initiative’s planning manager Ian Rotherham, who had
left to join Manning Gottlieb Media just two weeks ago but who will now
take on a similar role at the IT specialist agency.
Initative.com plans to expand its staff to 12 by the end of the
Initiative’s UK chief executive and head of Europe, Jeffrey Merrihue,
said he wanted to attract people with specialist IT skills from a
variety of backgrounds.
’We want a mixture of people who can think laterally and offer more
creative solutions,’ he said.
’There’ll also be a degree of cross fertilisation. We hope our
traditional clients will benefit from Initiative.com’s technological
expertise, while Uproar.com will want help with traditional media
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Senior Interactive Designer Source £40000 - £45000 per annum, London
- Qualitative Senior Research Executive Lipton Fleming £25000 - £30000 per annum + benefits, London
- Account Director [Telco] - Superb Agency off Oxford Street Fill Recruitment Ltd to £55k with great benefits, Off Oxford Street
- Propositions Marketing Manager Harvey Nash £35000 - £40000 per annum, Walsall
- Sorrell says Publicis / Omnicom's 'merger of equals' is 'impossible'
- Evian baby Spider-Man 'rescues' fans with Twitter answers
- YouTube reveals user habits to appeal to 'older' marketers
- Pitch update: eBay's media contest, DFS and 2 Sisters Food Group
- McCann wins Qatar Financial Centre brief
- Three's pony and cats with thumbs top the cute Easter ad chart