Buzz campaign aims for adventurous youth
By DOMINIC MILLS, campaignlive.co.uk, Monday, 27 September 1999 12:00AM
Media which have a particular youth and adventure appeal are likely to be the main media vehicles for Buzz. The KLM-owned budget airline last week appointed Mediapolis as its media planning and buying agency. The agency will target outdoor, radio and selected press titles.
Media which have a particular youth and adventure appeal are likely
to be the main media vehicles for Buzz. The KLM-owned budget airline
last week appointed Mediapolis as its media planning and buying agency.
The agency will target outdoor, radio and selected press titles.
There could also be a significant new-media element.
Buzz, effectively the former Air UK, will fly from Stansted to such
destinations as Berlin, Dusseldorf, Milan, Paris, Vienna and Lyon. The
UK launch budget is pounds 4 million, with another pounds 4 million to
be spent in continental Europe.
The move puts Buzz head-to-head against Go, Ryanair, EasyJet and
’Go will be the closest model to Buzz,’ said one observer.
KLM marketing manager David Smith said: ’ We won’t only target people in
London and the South-east. Stansted is accessible from most parts of the
’New media and direct response is a large part of our strategy. Clearly
press is important. We have to achieve share of voice there. We are
undecided on TV.’
Go spent pounds 5.4 million in the year to June, according to MMS,
followed by EasyJet with pounds 1.7 million, Ryanair with pounds 1.6
million and Debonair with pounds 400,000.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Junior Account Manager Purple Consultancy £24000 - £28000 per annum, London
- Account Manager Purple Consultancy £30000 - £35000 per annum, London
- Freelance Product Manager Purple Consultancy £350 - £450 per day, London
- Artworker - HTML, 6 month contract Network Career Consultants £35000 - £40000 per annum, London