Media Insight to run First-e online banking launch
By LEXIE GODDARD, campaignlive.co.uk, Monday, 27 September 1999 12:00AM
MindShare’s second-string agency, Media Insight, is handling the launch of First-e, the pan-European internet bank which goes live later this month.
MindShare’s second-string agency, Media Insight, is handling the
launch of First-e, the pan-European internet bank which goes live later
Media Insight is planning to run a pan-European press campaign, centred
around national newspapers, in a bid to persuade affluent internet users
to log on.
The theme of the pounds 5 million advertising drive, which has been
devised by Media Insight’s sister agency J. Walter Thompson, is ’being
first’ - First-e, which has no branch network, will be Europe’s first
fully online bank.
The press ads will focus on a range of famous pioneers, including
Charles Lindberg and Yuri Gagarin.
The campaign for Dublin-based First-e kicks off in the UK this week,
before being rolled out across the rest of Europe.
Media Insight’s account director Steve Hughes will oversee the First-e
business. ’Everyone appreciates that the internet is the future and we
are pleased to be working with one of the pioneers in the field of
internet finance,’ Hughes said.
First-e is backed by Intel Corporation, Apax Partners and Metro - the
biggest supermarket chain in Germany.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Research Manager Brand Recruitment £30000 - £35000 per annum, Ipswich
- Mid Weight Designer 4 Multichannel-Experiential Agency Zebra People £30000 - £40000 per annum, City of London
- Communications Manager - Insurance Network Career Consultants £45000 - £52000 per annum, City of London
- Marketing Manager - Maternity Contract ADLIB £30000 - £35000 per annum, Wiltshire