Jones seeks staff to sell Jobpilot
By MARK TUNGATE, campaignlive.co.uk, Monday, 28 February 2000 12:00AM
Former FT.com European sales manager Gareth Jones is looking for more than 20 sales staff to work on the UK version of a huge European job recruitment website.
Former FT.com European sales manager Gareth Jones is looking for
more than 20 sales staff to work on the UK version of a huge European
job recruitment website.
Jones has taken the role of UK sales director for Job-pilot.co.uk, part
of German-based online recruitment service Jobs and Adverts.
’Within continental Europe, especially Germany, we are the undisputed
leader in the field,’ Jones commented. ’My job is to set up the UK sales
operation, creating the last part in the jigsaw puzzle of setting up
Europe’s largest recruitment website.’
Jones said he will be hiring 20 to 30 people by the end of the year to
work in sales and account management.
’We are looking for people from a variety of backgrounds - recruitment,
traditional media sales, customer service and relationship management -
with the aim of being the UK’s leading online recruitment solutions
provider,’ Jones said.
Jones was at FT.com for two-and-a-half years before his departure
earlier this month (Media Business, 14 February). Philippa Edward
replaced him in the role of European sales head.
Jones is the second high-profile departure at FT.com since Anthony
Carbonari, who went to Disney Interactive late last year.
Frankfurt-based Jobpilot was founded in 1995 and specialises in
professional sectors such as finance and medical.
Jobpilot, which records over 15 million page impressions per month,
claims to be one of Europe’s largest recruitment sites. However, it is
just one of many companies to launch a UK net recruitment site. Jobpilot
will go up against Reed Business Information’s TotalJobs.com,
StepStone.com and the Evening Standard’s internet venture
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Sales Executive Sporting Appointments £19000 - £30000 per annum + commission, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Freelance French Editor Creative Recruitment negotiable, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Assistant Brand Manager Brand Recruitment £25000 - £30000 per annum, Northamptonshire
- Head of Insights Stopgap £90000 - £100000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Samsung calls global advertising and media review
- British Airways moves paid search account to Forward3D
- M&C Saatchi's Enyi Nwosu takes global role at Mindshare
- Watch the first YouTube clip, nine years on
- Post Office reviews advertising, DM and digital accounts
- Karmarama grabs Coppafeel! breast cancer charity account