Jones seeks staff to sell Jobpilot
By MARK TUNGATE, campaignlive.co.uk, Monday, 28 February 2000 12:00AM
Former FT.com European sales manager Gareth Jones is looking for more than 20 sales staff to work on the UK version of a huge European job recruitment website.
Former FT.com European sales manager Gareth Jones is looking for
more than 20 sales staff to work on the UK version of a huge European
job recruitment website.
Jones has taken the role of UK sales director for Job-pilot.co.uk, part
of German-based online recruitment service Jobs and Adverts.
’Within continental Europe, especially Germany, we are the undisputed
leader in the field,’ Jones commented. ’My job is to set up the UK sales
operation, creating the last part in the jigsaw puzzle of setting up
Europe’s largest recruitment website.’
Jones said he will be hiring 20 to 30 people by the end of the year to
work in sales and account management.
’We are looking for people from a variety of backgrounds - recruitment,
traditional media sales, customer service and relationship management -
with the aim of being the UK’s leading online recruitment solutions
provider,’ Jones said.
Jones was at FT.com for two-and-a-half years before his departure
earlier this month (Media Business, 14 February). Philippa Edward
replaced him in the role of European sales head.
Jones is the second high-profile departure at FT.com since Anthony
Carbonari, who went to Disney Interactive late last year.
Frankfurt-based Jobpilot was founded in 1995 and specialises in
professional sectors such as finance and medical.
Jobpilot, which records over 15 million page impressions per month,
claims to be one of Europe’s largest recruitment sites. However, it is
just one of many companies to launch a UK net recruitment site. Jobpilot
will go up against Reed Business Information’s TotalJobs.com,
StepStone.com and the Evening Standard’s internet venture
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Mid Weight Planner - ATL Daniel Marks London £30-£50K + Excellent Benefits, Central London
- Senior Optimisation Manager (RTB) Digital Gurus £25000 - £42000 per annum, London
- Senior Category Manager - Tesco Jarlett de Grouchy £55000 - £60000 per annum + Car Allowance + Benefits, Weybridge
- Marketing Manager, Wokingham, up to £45k Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £40000 - £45000 per annum, Benefits: Great Benefits, Wokingham
- Account Manger - Marketing and Design Agency - Essex/Herts - £30k - NP072 Stonor £30k, West Essex
- Kevin Bacon, Google Glass and Julian Assange: the SXSW weekend in tweets
- International Women's Day: "my gender is irrelevant" says Lisa Thomas
- Omnicom Media Group buys Mobile5
- BBH launches sport division with Lawrence Dallaglio
- IPA's 2014 Women of Tomorrow competition winners revealed
- HSBC launches Hong Kong Rugby Sevens push