Traffic lands pounds 4m global Emirates brief
By LEXIE GODDARD, campaignlive.co.uk, Monday, 28 February 2000 12:00AM
Emirates Airlines has handed its pounds 4 million global online media account to Traffic Interactive, the full-service new-media agency.
Emirates Airlines has handed its pounds 4 million global online
media account to Traffic Interactive, the full-service new-media
The contract covers planning and buying for www.emirates.com and 30
local mini-sites, which focus on flights, holidays and cargo, as well as
the company’s corporate extranet, EmPower.
Traffic Interactive, which provides website design and production as
well as media, will also redesign the sites.
The agency won the contract after taking part in a five-way pitch, led
by Emirates senior manager and head of corporate communications Mike
Emirates has ten campaigns running on the internet, such as a mircrosite
advertising a special flight deal for the Dubai Shopping Festival.
Traffic Interactive is looking at placing three more microsite campaigns
to support specific business initiatives.
It will move on to brand advertising on the net once it has redesigned
the sites at the end of June.
The account will be headed by agency media planner Peter Kwong, and
Traffic Interactive’s third-party relationship manager Scott Muir.
Agency client services director Mark Wooding said: ’We’re going for a
holistic approach to media. We want to buy the usual buttons and banners
but are looking for opportunities to run cross-promotions and
competitions on the internet.’
London-based Traffic Interactive was founded in 1996 and now has 43
staff handling consultancy, design, media and interactive training
Aside from Emirates, its clients include BT Cellnet, BT, Shell, Lloyds
TSB, Pizza Hut, Disney and Yell.
MediaCom TMB handles traditional media on a worldwide basis for
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Graphic Designer / Creative Artworker The Workhouse Negotiable depending on experience , Swindon, Wiltshire
- 2x positions: Social Media & Senior Social Media Manager - Award Winning Agency Rocket Recruitment £28,000 - 36,000 + benefits , London West End
- Freelance Senior Producer Purple Consultancy £250 - £300 per day, London
- Campaign Reporting & Performance Manager Major Players £55000 - £60000 per annum + bens, London