Centurion scoops ad sales contracts for two magazines
By JONAH BLOOM, campaignlive.co.uk, Monday, 28 February 2000 12:00AM
Centurion Publishing has landed two new publishing and media sales contracts for The Teacher and Rambler magazines.
Centurion Publishing has landed two new publishing and media sales
contracts for The Teacher and Rambler magazines.
The customer publishing company has ambitious plans for The Teacher.
It is currently a 253,000 circulation title produced for the National
Union of Teachers and is published eight times a year.
But publishing director Nick Simpson is confident there is potential to
increase the title’s frequency and chase the lucrative recruitment
advertising market, currently dominated by The Times Education
’At ratecard, the recruitment market is worth around pounds 33 million
and so it would make sense to look at it, but you need to be close to
fortnightly to go after classified.’
James Barber, formerly sales executive at The Daily Telegraph, takes on
the ad manager’s role for The Teacher, while Jacqui Brown and Tim
Hufford will work on display and classified sales.
Rambler, previously produced and sold by Raven Marketing, has an ABC of
98,000 and is produced quarterly. It will be sold by sales executives
Steve Hammond and Michael Page at Centurion. They will be looking to
pull in advertisers of outdoor wear and camping kit among others. ’It is
a perfect AB middle-England audience,’ said Simpson. ’We’ll be looking
to get more than just the outdoor wear advertisers, but we’re not yet
ready to let competitors know what we’re up to.’
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- eCommerce Manager JV Recruitment £30000 - £35000 per annum, Benefits: Great Benefits & Pension, Manchester
- Graphic Designer Creative Recruitment negotiable, Middlesex
- Insight Analyst - Financial Client-side Elizabeth Norman International £22000 - £27000 Per Annum, London
- Head of Marketing - London Designer Outlet Realm in the region of £60k, London