Interactive ads for Champions League
By RACHEL MINTER, campaignlive.co.uk, Tuesday, 29 August 2000 12:00AM
ONdigital is offering interactive advertising spots during its screening of the Champions’ League.
ONdigital is offering interactive advertising spots during its
screening of the Champions’ League.
Granada and Carlton - who each own 50 per cent of the interactive
service - are sharing the responsibility of finding four advertisers
willing to try the new service at the end of October.
The ads will appear on ONsport 1. They will be screened via ONnet, the
channel’s interactive service, which will launch next month.
Unlike existing interactive ad trials, viewers do not have to leave the
broadcast stream to access the interactive ad.
During an ad break, ONnet subscribers can click on an icon on the top
right-hand corner of the TV screen. This enables them to access the
advertisers’ site and watch TV simultaneously.
The advertisers will not produce specific sites for the trial. Instead,
viewers will click through to a relevant page on the clients’ existing
Andy White, head of sales at ONdigital, said: ’We hope ultimately to
offer interactive ads on ITV.’
John de Napoli, agency sales manager at Carlton Digital Sales, added:
’This is something advertisers will want on their schedules.’
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Consumer Account Manager Ultimate Asset £30000 - £40000 per annum + OUTSTANDING commission, London
- Social Media Manager PFJ £42000 - £50000 per annum, London
- Social Media Executive Direct Recruitment £20,000 - £25,000, London
- Account Director Adam Recruitment $90000 - $110000 per annum + Bonus, New York