Interactive ads for Champions League
By RACHEL MINTER, campaignlive.co.uk, Tuesday, 29 August 2000 12:00AM
ONdigital is offering interactive advertising spots during its screening of the Champions’ League.
ONdigital is offering interactive advertising spots during its
screening of the Champions’ League.
Granada and Carlton - who each own 50 per cent of the interactive
service - are sharing the responsibility of finding four advertisers
willing to try the new service at the end of October.
The ads will appear on ONsport 1. They will be screened via ONnet, the
channel’s interactive service, which will launch next month.
Unlike existing interactive ad trials, viewers do not have to leave the
broadcast stream to access the interactive ad.
During an ad break, ONnet subscribers can click on an icon on the top
right-hand corner of the TV screen. This enables them to access the
advertisers’ site and watch TV simultaneously.
The advertisers will not produce specific sites for the trial. Instead,
viewers will click through to a relevant page on the clients’ existing
Andy White, head of sales at ONdigital, said: ’We hope ultimately to
offer interactive ads on ITV.’
John de Napoli, agency sales manager at Carlton Digital Sales, added:
’This is something advertisers will want on their schedules.’
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Information Security Analyst BIS Recruit up to £35,000 Bupa, Share Options, Free Beer and more, City of Westminster, London (Greater)
- New Business Manager Beyond The Book £30,000-£40,000 +bonus+car, Derbyshire / Leicestershire / Lincolnshire / Northamptonshire / Nottinghamshire
- Marketing Manager Nu Creative Talent £26500.00 - £33000.00 per annum + excellent benefits, Hertfordshire
- Midweight-Senior Creative Team Major Players £50000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Samsung calls global advertising and media review
- McCann wins Qatar Financial Centre brief
- British Airways moves paid search account to Forward3D
- M&C Saatchi's Enyi Nwosu takes global role at Mindshare
- Post Office reviews advertising, DM and digital accounts
- Karmarama grabs Coppafeel! breast cancer charity account