Excite and Procter & Gamble link to produce teen website
By MARK TUNGATE, campaignlive.co.uk, Monday, 31 January 2000 12:00AM
Excite and Procter & Gamble are targeting youth-oriented advertisers for a new website aimed at teenagers.
Excite and Procter & Gamble are targeting youth-oriented
advertisers for a new website aimed at teenagers.
P&G will also use the site to promote its own brands, which include
Clearasil and Sunny Delight.
P&G expressed an interest in becoming more involved in online activities
in 1998, when it staged a seminar in the US warning marketers that they
needed to wake up to the potential of the internet.
The as yet unnamed site will include interactive and ’chat’ elements.
Excite and P&G also hope to link up with other content providers.
Sales will be handled by Excite’s 12-strong team, headed by senior sales
director Rick Vorhaus and European sales director Dela Quist.
Evan Rudowski, vice-president and general manager of Excite Europe, said
he expected the site to have ’a strong commercial element’. ’It’s
difficult to prove, but we believe we already pull in more revenue in
the UK than anyone else on the web.’
He said P&G had wanted to work with Excite because of its high profile
among the target group. ’P&G’s brands resonate well with teens and the
site will provide something very different from what’s already on offer
in the UK. Most teenage sites tend to derive from the US.’
P&G’s range of more than 300 brands includes Max Factor, Pantene and
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- CRM Manager (1 year maternity cover) f1 Recruitment 50,000, Kensington
- Head of Digital and CRM - entrepreneurial global online brand - Hertfordshire - up to £75K f1 Recruitment Up to £75K depending on experience, Hertfordshire
- Web Development Manager - UK & Ireland - Travel f1 Recruitment £50,000, Surrey
- Marketing Assistant Tomorrow Recruitment £18k - £20k, Central London