By LEXIE GODDARD, campaignlive.co.uk, Monday, 31 January 2000 12:00AM
Dennis Publishing has promoted Simon Smith (left) to deputy ad manager of Computer Buyer. Smith joined Dennis as a classified sales executive on Mac User in 1996 and held a variety of sales positions before joining Computer Buyer in July 1999.
Dennis Publishing has promoted Simon Smith (left) to deputy ad
manager of Computer Buyer. Smith joined Dennis as a classified sales
executive on Mac User in 1996 and held a variety of sales positions
before joining Computer Buyer in July 1999.
Smith will report to ad manager Julie Boland. Paul Burgen, client
account manager on MacUser, becomes deputy ad manager on the same title.
He will report to ad manager Sarah Economou.
Angela Blake has been appointed general sales manager responsible for
new business on trading magazine Friday-Ad. Blake joins the Friday-Ad
group from Exchange & Mart where she worked for six years, most recently
as general sales manager.
In her new position, Blake will report to Ranald Law, group sales
Redwood has promoted its former group ad manager Orla Flood to associate
publisher of The Thomas Cook Magazine. Flood joined Redwood in 1996 from
Guardian Media Group with a brief to launch The Thomas Cook
Since then she has overseen the sales operation across customer titles
including Volvo Magazine and Society, the Britannia Building Society’s
Graeme Walker has been promoted to ad manager of Haymarket Publishing’s
What Car?. He has been deputy ad manager at the magazine for the past
ten months. In his new role, Walker will report to David Prasher, group
IPC Electric has appointed Rebecca Miskin to the newly created role of
business development director, heading its partnering and e-commerce
Miskin was previously intellectual property director of IPC’s Business
Enterprises division. She will now report to Kevin Kerrigan, operations
director of IPC Electric.
Damien Jennings, advertisement manager on Haymarket’s The Net, has taken
on a new role as sales manager on The Net and Stuff. In his new
position, Jennings will report to group ad manager Rachael Coles. Julia
Pike, display sales executive on Stuff, takes on a new role for special
projects and promotions on The Net and Stuff.
JustPeople.com, the recruitment site, has completed its launch
management team by hiring Richard Belsten as head of sales and
marketing. Belsten joins from global finance and IT recruitment
consultancy Robert Walters, where he was a director responsible for the
London technology business.
David Hoath will join the Newspaper Society as national development
manager from 1 February. Hoath will take over the day-to-day running of
the team responsible for marketing to national newspapers. He joins the
Newspaper Society from GWR’s Opus, where he was head of regional
Mediapolis associate director James Smith has been promoted to board
director. Smith, who joined Mediapolis from WCRS in 1998, handles the
Orange and Lunn Poly accounts.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Digital Designer PFJ £23000.00 - £26000.00 per annum + benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Marketing Director - International Health, Fitness and Racquets Operator Portfolio Sport £80,000 - £90,000 basic + bonus, Hatfield, Hertfordshire
- European Category Development Manager Brand Recruitment Salary dependent of experience + excellent benefits, Hertfordshire
- Account Manager - ATL / Integrated - c£32k - Iconic Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd c£32k, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Samsung calls global advertising and media review
- British Airways moves paid search account to Forward3D
- M&C Saatchi's Enyi Nwosu takes global role at Mindshare
- Watch the first YouTube clip, nine years on
- Post Office reviews advertising, DM and digital accounts
- Karmarama grabs Coppafeel! breast cancer charity account