Frige quits Elle to head AIM’s wedding portfolio
By COLIN GRIMSHAW, campaignlive.co.uk, Monday, 31 July 2000 12:00AM
AIM Publications has poached Danielle Frige, group ad manager of Elle and Elle Decoration, to be the group ad director for its wedding portfolio.
AIM Publications has poached Danielle Frige, group ad manager of
Elle and Elle Decoration, to be the group ad director for its wedding
Sales for You & Your Wedding, Bride & Groom and the recently launched
London Wedding were previously headed by group ad manager Karen
Eccles has left to join the Mail on Sunday’s financial and travel client
Frige said the chance to work for a small company, after her years at
Emap, was a key factor in her decision to join AIM.
Her arrival sparks off a reorganisation of the sales operation to
provide a group sell across the wedding titles.
You & Your Wedding boasts an ABC of 62,145, while Bride & Groom has an
ABC of 27,806.
Frige’s remit is to develop new ad categories in beauty, drinks, finance
and other complimentary areas in the specialist weddings market.
She will be assisted by fashion sales director Russell Blackburn, deputy
ad manager Deborah Paul, display sales executive Rachel Cross and
classified sales executive Aimee Farrow.
Frige is looking to expand and strengthen the team with people who have
good agency contacts and experience of selling women’s consumer
A group advertisement manager will be appointed shortly.
AIM is also investing in the magazines to capitalise on its number-one
positioning - You & Your Wedding overtook Conde Nast’s Brides & Setting
Up Home in February to become market leader.
The redesigned August/September issue of Bride & Groom will benefit from
a pounds 500,000 investment in paper quality, increased distribution and
a covermounted CD of wedding music. The 220-page issue carries 124 pages
of ads and an increase in fashion clients.
The September/October issue of You & Your Wedding will have a
covermounted hairstyles book. The 340-page issue will carry 202
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- In-House Graphic Designer Major Players £30000 - £40000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Group Insight Director, Technology & Financial Jarlett de Grouchy £65000.00 - £80000.00 per annum + bonus, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Commercial Head of Branded Content-Established Digital Business Ultimate Asset £65000 - £76000 per annum + bonus and huge benefits , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Sales Executive - Performance & Brand - Emerging Tech Ultimate Asset £40000 - £50000 per annum + commission & excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Samsung calls global advertising and media review
- British Airways moves paid search account to Forward3D
- Watch the first YouTube clip, nine years on
- M&C Saatchi's Enyi Nwosu takes global role at Mindshare
- Post Office reviews advertising, DM and digital accounts
- Karmarama grabs Coppafeel! breast cancer charity account