Frige quits Elle to head AIM’s wedding portfolio
By COLIN GRIMSHAW, campaignlive.co.uk, Monday, 31 July 2000 12:00AM
AIM Publications has poached Danielle Frige, group ad manager of Elle and Elle Decoration, to be the group ad director for its wedding portfolio.
AIM Publications has poached Danielle Frige, group ad manager of
Elle and Elle Decoration, to be the group ad director for its wedding
Sales for You & Your Wedding, Bride & Groom and the recently launched
London Wedding were previously headed by group ad manager Karen
Eccles has left to join the Mail on Sunday’s financial and travel client
Frige said the chance to work for a small company, after her years at
Emap, was a key factor in her decision to join AIM.
Her arrival sparks off a reorganisation of the sales operation to
provide a group sell across the wedding titles.
You & Your Wedding boasts an ABC of 62,145, while Bride & Groom has an
ABC of 27,806.
Frige’s remit is to develop new ad categories in beauty, drinks, finance
and other complimentary areas in the specialist weddings market.
She will be assisted by fashion sales director Russell Blackburn, deputy
ad manager Deborah Paul, display sales executive Rachel Cross and
classified sales executive Aimee Farrow.
Frige is looking to expand and strengthen the team with people who have
good agency contacts and experience of selling women’s consumer
A group advertisement manager will be appointed shortly.
AIM is also investing in the magazines to capitalise on its number-one
positioning - You & Your Wedding overtook Conde Nast’s Brides & Setting
Up Home in February to become market leader.
The redesigned August/September issue of Bride & Groom will benefit from
a pounds 500,000 investment in paper quality, increased distribution and
a covermounted CD of wedding music. The 220-page issue carries 124 pages
of ads and an increase in fashion clients.
The September/October issue of You & Your Wedding will have a
covermounted hairstyles book. The 340-page issue will carry 202
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Mid Weight Planner - ATL Daniel Marks London £30-£50K + Excellent Benefits, Central London
- Client Account Manager Content is King c. £25k per annum dependent on experience, SW1
- Shopper Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £45,000 + CA + benefits, South East
- Senior Brand Manager - Drinks Ball & Hoolahan £48,000 + CA + benefits, South East
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £60,000 + CA + benefits, London
- Majority of 15m Twitter users in the UK follow a newspaper
- OgilvyOne loses BA business
- Iris and Cheil big winners at MAA Best Awards
- Campaign Viral Chart: Pepsi tops Coke with Jeff Gordon test drive
- International Women's Day: 'You make your own luck' says Cheryl Giovannoni
- Twitter attracts more ads, but rates tumble 67%